Manifold costs - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2004, 01:05   #1 (permalink)
On a quest for knowledge

Manifold costs

Just curious, what do you guys think I should pay for a complete EL intake manifold with throttle body solenoid, throttle position sensor and housing, fuel rail, throttle body, fuel regualtor? Also what is an EL ECU worth?
shadow3081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 06:07   #2 (permalink)
'90 EA-II Fairmont

Re: Manifold costs

if you go the EL ECU u will need to install smartlock.. probably better to use an rpm switch for the runners (and dont forget the vaccum solenoid/switch thingo for the runners) that way u only miss out on the extra fuel maps.. although, if u want to goto the effort of installing smartlock, u will be able to run thermos with the ecu...

seeing as u are in melbourne probably try ringing around a few wreckers for some prices... I'm not too sure on a ballpark figure myself...
Rosewood EAII Fairmont 02/90. MPFI 3.9L (formerly CFI), 4spd BTR Auto. Skyline geared 3.45g open center 28 spline 4 pinion differential & axles. 2 1/2" Cat Back Exhaust. King Super Low Springs. Sound: Equalization and amplification by Clarion; Head unit by Sony, Front, Rears and Sub by Pioneer. Planned mods - t5, Extractors, Painting Grey Strips and new front and rear bar.
SileNceR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 06:24   #3 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

You should be able to get a complete set up for around $150.
Maybe even Less.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 13:30   #4 (permalink)
On a quest for knowledge

problem with installing smartlock is, I already have an aftermarket central locking/alarm system installed. I'm looking into getting the smartlock bypass unit from ford...being as expensive as it is. Also, how does the ECU control the thermos (which I am also going to convert to) Would it be more 'efficient' to use a couple of thermo switches to control them or will the ECU do fine, I know the ECU normally controls the fans in an EL but I'm just wondering if it will do the same job considering it hasn't been told it is cooling a modded EA instead of a stock EL lol
Old 10-07-2004, 13:32   #5 (permalink)
On a quest for knowledge

Cheers TIKFD6 I had a feeling it would be around the $150ish mark but just wanted to double check with a second opinion, thanks
Old 10-07-2004, 13:47   #6 (permalink)
On a quest for knowledge

oh oh also, is an EL thermostat housing the same as an EF? Or did they differ..sorry about the multiple posts I keep remembering things after I have already made a post. It's too damn early in the morning for me
Old 10-13-2004, 06:57   #7 (permalink)
mem
Hoon

Hi, Im located in WA and Im also looking at doing the same thing, ug to an EL manifold. Could someone from around the perth area let me know if the parts will be a similar price.

Also, what problems could I run into/ should I look out for when buying these parts 2nd hand.

- Pacemaker extractors, Lukey mandrel bent sports system and muffler.
- k&n clone air pod with custom pvc piping (makes nice induction noise )
- tyres 225 front & rear.
mem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 06:27   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SileNceR
that way u only miss out on the extra fuel maps..
what the???
Old 10-14-2004, 10:14   #9 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebs_4l
what the???
I believe EECV alters the fuel mapping when it switches between runners, therefore, if you use an RPM switch rather than install the EECV, then you miss out on that little feature...
Old 10-14-2004, 20:00   #10 (permalink)
E-Series Acting VP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmyers
I believe EECV alters the fuel mapping when it switches between runners, therefore, if you use an RPM switch rather than install the EECV, then you miss out on that little feature...
You're thinking of the timing maps...

Cheers,
Dave

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech