MPFI CONVERSION queries - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2004, 02:48   #1 (permalink)
gtq

roll MPFI CONVERSION queries

I plan on trying to do the conversion on my falcon over the easter break(4days off work)i think i have all the parts
manifold with gasket,injector rail,injectors,injector harness,throttle body,dipstick(not sure it right one??),ac bracket(no bolts ???size??),complete air box and xh snorkle(??size bolts to secure????),mpfi ecu auto 3speed,fuel pump,dizzy,brake booster hose,metal pipe around back of motor,little metal pipe from thermostat, i thinks thats all anything i miss??? i think i got all sensors.What exactly do i need to do with the wiring?????i heard its one pink or grey wire needs to be added somewhere...and with the dizzy any advice on it as i know nuttin with installing setting it up ect.How long should it take to do it? 4hours 2days??? thanks in advance GTQ
gtq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2004, 03:44   #2 (permalink)
wants a manual!

Re: MPFI CONVERSION queries

mate, read this it will answer all your questions. good luck.

http://www.ford-tech.com/articles.php?articleId=46
John_xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 02:25   #3 (permalink)
gtq

confused Re: MPFI CONVERSION queries

yes i've read that and even printed it out to follow when im doing it but i would really like a detailed explaination of wiring it up to ecu ect.
gtq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:47   #4 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Re: MPFI CONVERSION queries

OK does your CFI have a little pink wire at the front of the motor which goes from the manifold loom down to the dizzy?
If so, get an MPFI loom the same. If not, get one without. This is very important, due to wiring setups you WILL NOT get spark if you do not get it right.
Other than that, make sure all the pins in the plug on the MPFI loom match your computer loom. The only wire you will add will be the grey/white wire from the CFI idle motor plug. This will be run up to and through the manifold loom plug to run the ISC.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech