my ef xr6 on dyno - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2004, 15:07   #1 (permalink)

my ef xr6 on dyno

Hi all, now i know this has been covered a thousand times before, but until now i hadnt really taken any notice. On the weekend i put my EF XR6 on a dyno as a matter of interest to find out what it does before i put a Wade cam in it.
The car done 144.3hp, all i have done is a K&N air filter, Pacemaker extractors and a 2.5" exhaust, what i want to know is this about average or good or what.

What has everyone else got out of their cars and the mods done to them??
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2004, 22:31   #2 (permalink)

Re: my ef xr6 on dyno

Important thing is to get a before and after same dyno same operator to see the gain you get from each mod and the combination of mods you do.

Unfortunately the dyno reading you have got seems pretty low compared to other dyno's. Don't get too worried about it though.

My AUII I6 Falcon ran 142rwhp stock, with Pacemakers PH4480 and 2.5" system it ran 155rwhp and with a JMM DEV3HL cam as well it ran 185rwhp.

On the Dyno I use I would have expected an EF XR6 to run 146 rwhp stock and 165rwhp with extractors and exhaust.
jonbays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 22:37   #3 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

aslong as he uses the same dyno again and again, he will beable to judge his power gains accuratly

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 03:24   #4 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

thats one hell of a signature you have there - can you post or send me some pics of your car? particularly the airbox and scoop with the lights coming out!

if it was a stock XR i would say that is good, but for a full zorst and stuff a little low. HOWEVER as others have said, it depends entirely on the dyno and the intake air temp etc etc etc etc etc!!!!!!

what fuel were you running? what model paceys do you have? the 'old' style or the new ones that look like spaghetti?

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech