Ford Forums banner

In Need Of Desperate Help

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  burnout_pad 
#1 ·
hey i took an EF panelvan (i think its an EF) out for a drive last night. It's auto and so to do a burnout i just planted it while the brake was on. So i smoked it up nice, but then i turn the corner and hear like a clunking sound. I was alarmed so i stopped and again the clunking sound. As i accelerated again the clunking sound. This continued at every corner and during stopping and accelerating. I think the diff may have shat itself or something.

please tell me what it could be, and how much it'd cost approx to repair and if it even needs repairing.

Thanks in advance

[ Paul ]

#4 ·
Yeah i blew my diff in the AU doing the same thing :/ Its definately the spider gears from the sounds of it. I had to get a reco diff freighted up to Darwin, cost a tidy sum.

#8 ·
I drove mine for a couple of months to and from work (10km or so) with a trashed diff. Very embarrassing but the only option at the time :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.