Ford Forums banner

newbie air intake attempt lol

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  ktmendo 
#1 ·
hey guys i was just mucking around with my air intake today and thought i would put a few more small pipes.theya re pretty small lol. i dont know if it would do anything to the car but hey at least there is a tiny amount more air cumin in isnt there lol.betta then no air i say.
tell me wah u think and wat i could do to improve it lol. both holes in air box are on top of air filter so no shit will just go into da engine.

any critisism welcome. i dont care what you guys say. i was having a bit of fun and hey at elast theres air cumin in. well a lil bit.lol
thanx

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I would suggest an XH snorkle to replace the EA one, I think air will not be rammed down the tubes given the size, i would expect air to draw in to them as a vacuum effect of the engine under revs.

#4 ·
A vacuum is not bad, it just means that the engine is drawing the air in, instaed of the airforce from the car moving shoving the air in (shoving is better).

If you can find a way to get 2.5 inch or 3 inch pipe there, you will have something :0)

Jason

#5 ·
What you have made there will be utterly insignificant to the amount of cold air already being drawn in by the existing snorkel.
The best way to improve on the exisitng setup is to fit an XH snorkel.
I can also tell by one of the pics that you should grab an earlier rubber pipe which fits between the TB and lower air box. The earlier ones were bigger.

Rick.

#9 ·
yea i saw ur pics OED666 but i was wondering how did u not get any shit from outside the car to get inside your engine. wat is the green stuff that u used? did u use that as an extra filter kind of thing?
but where could i put a hose like that in an eb2 the front spoiler has no places to put one.

any help would be good

#10 · (Edited)
You have no idea what you are doing do you !!!!. You need to force the air into the system, Like a funnel. The system that i've got on my BA XR6 is an SS cold air induction system, the princiable is the same for any car. And NO it didn't come from a Holden SS. you will also want to change the air filter to an K&N or simular

#12 ·
ghto_man, that green stuff, was the filter, it stopped bugs and dirt getting in there. when i pulled it off, there was heeps of bugs and stuff in there. you have the same bumper as me, the piping went down past the throttle body, and underneath the car. you will need an intake pipe about 3 inches to get any real air coming through

am_bad, i am sure SS Inductions make a air intake for AU's. have a search, they have a website

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.