Ford Forums banner

OED666's First Dyno Run

6K views 51 replies 18 participants last post by  INJECTED250 
#1 ·
Well today it finally went on the dyno.

I was expecting a round figure of 150HP at the treads.

I went in, and got the timing checked, and it was 18 degrees advanced, (thanks to Rollin) and then it was checked for knocking etc... and it was perfect.

Then came the dyno runs, I couldnt see the computer from where I was standing, but when it was over I went over and I got the print out. I was shocked. 179HP at the treads... On the weekend it felt a little flat at 5000rpm, and I was keen to see if it was a fuel or air problem, but they couldnt fault anything, its all perfect. It started on Saturday, and the only thing I have done is change the oil, to a slightly thicker one. I will be going back to the thinner oil next change.

I was so happy!!!

The guys asked what mods I had done, and they said its got some go for those mods.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
god damn, thats nice mate. now you got the results to prove your cars speed. do you mind me asking how much the run set you back?

#4 ·
Very impressive :)
congrats

#8 ·
yea, i do too...

i no i will get more out of the cam with extractors, you never know i may not achieve anything with the new cam if it dont get them...

Rollin wants me to do another dyno run after i get the extractors, then put the cam in, and go dyno it again!!!

#10 ·
his car isnt auto. its got a custom manual box.

#11 ·
It says it's got a T5?
QUOTE:Most recent mod has been the gearbox. I killed the Auto, so a T5 went in, and after a month of noise, I have just replaced the T5 with another.
The other thing that made me wonder is the low speed..100kph at 1-1.
Not trying to cause trouble by the way, just don't want anyone to be misled, especially the owner of the vehicle.

#12 ·
yeh well i know its a manual and its got some modifications. ba clutch and something else. stronger than a normal t5 if i remember.

clear this up paul, now im confused too.

#13 ·
the gearbox has XR6T and V8 Internals, and I have a :ghey: EA Flywheel and new Daikin clutch to suit the :ghey: small flywheel...

I asked they guy today, and he said it makes no difference, they have run cars in 3rd and 4th... You cant really say it needs to be run in 4th, (1:1) because you cant forget the fact that not everyone has the same diff gear ratios...

He also said something about trying to get peak power as close to 100km/h as possible

#15 ·
I think that would give a false reading, you will have more power at the back wheels in 3rd then you would 4th. Is the dyno guy the same guy that's doing the performance upgrades for you?

#16 ·
No probs TIKFD6 :p

i have never been to that place before... Rollin "The King" (TM) is my performance MAN!!!

How do you come to the conclusion that you have more power in 3rd then 4th??? I am not having a go, i would just like to understand how you think that... I am always open to other peoples opinions... :thup:

#17 ·
Well...does your excellerate better in 3rd than 4th, and better in 2nd than 3rd?etc etc
Nooffence taken bud...this is just a healthy convo.
On another point, this is why I think dyno's are not accurate enough for determining a cars horsepower eg: you get the same car and do 2 dyno runs, one with a 2.7 diff and the other with 3.55 and see if there is any difference.

#20 ·
it does accelerate better, but would that be to do with gear ratios??? It would be hard to get them all the same across makes etc...

From my understanding, the main difference the ratios make is how quick it gets into the power band etc... from 3.08 to 3.9 it doesnt take as long to get into the high rev range.

I dont notice any power loss when i change from 3rd to 4th, it just takes longer to wind out thats all... as you should expect

#22 ·
It takes longer to wind out because you don't have as muchpower at the rear wheels as you did in the previous gear.
Gunna think about this and ask some questions tommorow...going to watch Joe Smo now..cya.

#25 ·
I will look into it tomorrow with running the it in 3rd and 4th!!!

11kph???

My speedo reads correctly, i have different speedo gear in... The only thing stopping me is the tailshaft... It speed rating has dropped from 180 to 140km/h... Its damn loud at 160km/h, its like its going to explode...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.