Opinions on this exahust option for XR6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2004, 17:05   #1 (permalink)

Opinions on this exahust option for XR6

Has anyone here simply removed a muffler and replaced the tip/s in their I6 XR's? BA owners especially, as I obviously drive one.

Are there any disadvantages in doing this? I don't want to spend $1500 on a Herrod option at this stage...just want to get rid of the girly single pipe and improve the sound somewhat.

2003 V8 Explorer

TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2004, 22:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: Opinions on this exahust option for XR6

Not too sure about the BA's mate, but Jim Mock are offering a pretty good deal for the BA XR6 (non-turbo). For $900 they'll get it up to 148rwkw.

Wish i could get mine to 148kw for $900 :'(

might be worth checking out??

AU XR6 VCT, Redback cat-back exhaust, T-series Xr8 snorkel...... that is all!
Bounce Ferret! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 23:03   #3 (permalink)
frosty

Hello TJS-81, I havent spoken to you in awhile but I had the Herrods 2.5 inch system fitted to my ute before I came home on leave from Iraq in september along with the front mess on the bumper.
And I can say that yes it is a bit pricey but well worth it and I had 10 days of driving pleasure. It fixes the problem of the poxey single tip and gives it the sound and the balls to match the look of the ute.
This was all organized over the internet with Rob Herrod and the wife just dropped the ute off, and I still owe him a carton of crown largers for it which I will fix up in the next 2 weeks when I am due home.
The next step is to fit a turbo air intake only $35 and a K & N filter and that will see it finished.
Also glade I settled on the XR6 the way the fuel prices are at the moment.
All you have to do is bit the built mate and it will be worth it!!!!!
gary mclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 02:51   #4 (permalink)

Haha...you make a good case Gary! Good to see you back on the forums, and glad you liked the ute when you got home.

I just wasn't sure a system such as Herrods would be worth it with the non-turbo, but seeings though you're so impressed with it I'll put it back on the list of possible options!
TJS-81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech