Ford Forums banner

P&P For 2.2 NA IM?

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  gxt89 
#1 ·
So uhh.. normally I'd search ProbeTalk for something like this, but... you know..

Anyone know or heard of anyone getting full P&P on the GL's (`91) intake manifold? (Inquiring on behalf of a friend). Does RawPower these manifolds? Any known, good images online to see of the proting work?

I was looking at some drawings of the manifold in the Chilton repair manual today - would not the lower half of the IM be a good candidate for Extrude Honing?

#3 ·
Thanx Skelly

P&P on an IM isn't anywhere near $800 from what i've seen. Maybe you're talking about a head P&P... But anyone that has done this on an IM please add your info, thanx;)

Extrude hone prices for 4cyl
Other Pricing Info: www.extrudehone.com or 1-800-613-1065
2-3 weeks processing for aluminum
3-4 weeks processing for iron
Aluminum cylinder head: $585
Iron exhaust manny: $385
IM 1pc: $395
IM 2pc: $475
Add $80 each for level 2 includes Level I Powerflow Processing service plus gasket matching for Intakes, Heads, etc.

#5 ·
i just wanted to say that i have seen one of raw power's stage 4 heads for the first gen GT and it is very good work and it would be worth giving him a call or shooting him an email. he will work with you on payment as well.

#6 ·
Yes, thanks - I too am familiar with Chris' work - still haven't seen or heard of him doing intake manifolds for 2.2L 1st gens though (knowing full well, of course, that he OWNS a 2.2L 2st gen - his being a GT however) Anyway, I thinkwe have some options to look into now:

1) Extrude Hone
2) Raw Power (not convinced that Chris can do any better than I can on it at this point though..)
3) GT Manifold adapted.

Thanks again,
- Sean

#8 ·
I may start doing IM and runners soon.
I don't have any pics of IM, but I do have one of my exhuast manifold at
www.geocities.com/probebeetle/exhuastindex.html
I know I'm not known well here, but I've been of probetalk for over a year now, and have gone through quite a bit of work on my GL in the last 18 months, so much so that most people don't even consider it a GL anymore.
Anyways, my IM would be just as good of quality as the exhaust manifold pictured (which is going in my car) and even smoother because it's aluminum. I will update when the wheather gets warm enough to go out in it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.