Ford Forums banner

Pedders any good for My XR6 EF (READ)

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  PXR 
#1 ·
Ive got an Ef XR6 sedan. The only mods is a set of DBA gold rotors. It has 17inch mags with 235/45 Falkens on it. I need new shocks so was toying with getting a new suspension setup. I have been reccomended Pedders sportsrider suspension(I dont want to spend $300 each for adjustable shocks). Is this the way to go for around the $1000 mark (my rough budget) or is there something far better. I live on the Central Coast NSW near Sydney, so if you know something better near me let me know. I want the car to stick to the road, ie no body roll. Pedders claim their setup is the best way to go (obviously) but thought I would check with you guys.

#2 ·
Hi Guy,

I looked around when my shocks needed replacing and finally fitted the Monroe GT Gas. They are slightly up spec from the Tickford originals (also made by Monroe) and after around 20thou on them so far I have had no Probs. Comfortable ride and still handles nice and flat in corners etc. Of course it all depends on your driving needs.

Paul B

#4 ·
Hi,

I did my suspension at the beginning of the month. Under $600 got me Koni Adjustables for the front, and a full set of Low King springs.

(It was $390 for the pair of Koni's + $180 for the 4 springs - supply only)

If you are keen on getting these (ask sam or mike about them - they swear by them) contact Mick on swtwinstick@hotmail.com He works for midas and can do you a deal.

:)
Kelli S

#5 ·
Like XR8Chic says Konis are the way to go...there normally about $1000 fitted with good lowered springs and are adjustable in height on the front, they also offer a more comfortable ride even when lowered (don't ask me how they managed that ) You can't find better for the money.

G
#8 ·
Seeing you live on Central Coast.. go to Jax Tyres Wyong. Johnson road. speak to Rob the owner. Pedders on manns road are rip offs!! I can Koni's cheaper from Rob than what they want at Pedders, he wanted $880 fitted for the Sportsriders LOL yeah right.

Robs(jax) quote for me as follows..
Koni ADJ. $990.
Monroe GT $550.
$ includes fitting and w/alignment

#9 ·
Thanks guys, you would not believe it, I was gettingtwo tyres replaced on the weekend. I had a look to see what type of shocks were on my car (I bought it 2nd hand and assumed they were standardn shocks) Then I saw the name "Koni Adjustable" on them. They are yellow. Im going to do some checking tomorrow. I was wondering if these are able to be re-used as I have a fair bit of body roll, or perhaps its the springs. Are they adjustable at the rear and front? I'll give Jax a call anyway.

#10 ·
Hi,

Yeah - they sound like Koni's. You obviously didnt get the little tool to adjust them though.

There is another thread around asking how easy it is to adjust them, and all the details are in there. I made a comment that it takes longer to check your oil than adjust your shocks (the front ones anyway) The rear ones take a little longer to do, cos you have to fold the seats down and take the cover away to get to them.

Try stiffening them up, and if you cant notice any difference, try new springs.

#12 ·
Koni yes.Pedders not really.Try "whiteline".Get springs only if you want to lower the car.To Piss of the body roll change the sway bars.I had an ef xr8 with adjust Konis on the rear only, I didn't get to the front as I was replacing as worn out.I used the adjustable blade front swaybar on Mine set at about 31mm with the v8 but just used their fixed 30mm on the brothers 6, then used their biggest fixed rear bar on both.The adjustable is fun to play with but about $60 dearer.The bloody 6 Handled just as well (read possibly better) as mine.Whiteline have a web site or white pages.Not yellow pages as they are the manufactures. And courier to door Both fixed bars where abt $160 ea adj abt$220.These WILL shrink the Falcon without being pothole unfriendly the best $350 I spent with the exception of the Kingdragon pannel air filter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.