Pedders any good for My XR6 EF (READ) - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2001, 10:43   #1 (permalink)

Pedders any good for My XR6 EF (READ)

Ive got an Ef XR6 sedan. The only mods is a set of DBA gold rotors. It has 17inch mags with 235/45 Falkens on it. I need new shocks so was toying with getting a new suspension setup. I have been reccomended Pedders sportsrider suspension(I dont want to spend $300 each for adjustable shocks). Is this the way to go for around the $1000 mark (my rough budget) or is there something far better. I live on the Central Coast NSW near Sydney, so if you know something better near me let me know. I want the car to stick to the road, ie no body roll. Pedders claim their setup is the best way to go (obviously) but thought I would check with you guys.
AndrewP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2001, 10:54   #2 (permalink)

Hi Guy,

I looked around when my shocks needed replacing and finally fitted the Monroe GT Gas. They are slightly up spec from the Tickford originals (also made by Monroe) and after around 20thou on them so far I have had no Probs. Comfortable ride and still handles nice and flat in corners etc. Of course it all depends on your driving needs.

Paul B
xr6wgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 12:34   #3 (permalink)

I have pedders sports ryder set up on mine
ELXR6 and so far am happy with them , only been on for 3000k's , but has a smooth ride and good cornering.I have the non lowered setup I.E standard height.
myxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2001, 23:51   #4 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hi,

I did my suspension at the beginning of the month. Under $600 got me Koni Adjustables for the front, and a full set of Low King springs.

(It was $390 for the pair of Koni's + $180 for the 4 springs - supply only)

If you are keen on getting these (ask sam or mike about them - they swear by them) contact Mick on swtwinstick@hotmail.com He works for midas and can do you a deal.

:-)
Kelli S
XR8chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 03:56   #5 (permalink)

Like XR8Chic says Konis are the way to go...there normally about $1000 fitted with good lowered springs and are adjustable in height on the front, they also offer a more comfortable ride even when lowered (don't ask me how they managed that ) You can't find better for the money.

Delta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 12:33   #6 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I'll contact Mick and see what he can do.
Old 10-26-2001, 20:53   #7 (permalink)

one word: koni

it's the only way to go!
MrPlow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 08:34   #8 (permalink)
slim

Seeing you live on Central Coast.. go to Jax Tyres Wyong. Johnson road. speak to Rob the owner. Pedders on manns road are rip offs!! I can Koni's cheaper from Rob than what they want at Pedders, he wanted $880 fitted for the Sportsriders LOL yeah right.

Robs(jax) quote for me as follows..
Koni ADJ. $990.
Monroe GT $550.
$ includes fitting and w/alignment

Old 10-28-2001, 20:16   #9 (permalink)

Thanks guys, you would not believe it, I was gettingtwo tyres replaced on the weekend. I had a look to see what type of shocks were on my car (I bought it 2nd hand and assumed they were standardn shocks) Then I saw the name "Koni Adjustable" on them. They are yellow. Im going to do some checking tomorrow. I was wondering if these are able to be re-used as I have a fair bit of body roll, or perhaps its the springs. Are they adjustable at the rear and front? I'll give Jax a call anyway.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:05   #10 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

Hi,

Yeah - they sound like Koni's. You obviously didnt get the little tool to adjust them though.

There is another thread around asking how easy it is to adjust them, and all the details are in there. I made a comment that it takes longer to check your oil than adjust your shocks (the front ones anyway) The rear ones take a little longer to do, cos you have to fold the seats down and take the cover away to get to them.

Try stiffening them up, and if you cant notice any difference, try new springs.

XR8chic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech