Performance Auto I6's - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2003, 03:22   #1 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

Performance Auto I6's

Just wondering if people could post there *automatic* cars and what mods they have done, and what times they are getting, or if you don't have times then just post anyway!!
Just curious because it seems that all those who are really serious about going fast have manuals, but I want a fast and slightly more traffic practical car, if you know what I mean...

Thanks,
Brett

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2003, 12:49   #2 (permalink)
Demeritator

Re: Performance Auto I6's

Hey Brett.

I've an AU auto, that I'm working on making faster. My advise is do your fans, find out what ratio diff you have, look into a shift kit to make the tranny clamp harder ( shift harder ) and definately a good oil cooler. From there you can go the cam etc route.

No real performance mods to mine so far, just the K&N, and tweaked the inlet. Tried upping the fuel pressure, but the falcons do run too rich, so in reality these mods have done little. About to do the cooler and shiftkit, then a full engine setup from Mock. Will get a dyno, but I'm not into the quarter mile I'm afraid.
cogdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 15:45   #3 (permalink)
On the 7th God Made Ford

Check da signature for my mods

I race V8'z no probs so I'd suggest I pull somewhere in the mid 14's consistently

But I would prefer the Autos over Manual for straight line work - Manual when heaps o cornering is involved

I dragged my bro's XR8 220 and beat him with revving right out to redline. The advantage (in a auto)is that the gear shift is miles quicker unless u can DBL Clutch which most ppl on the street haven't got a clue about.

Although I'd do something bout strengthining up the auto box after 150rwkw cause I give it shit all the time and I can feel it under pressure - I agree with Cogdoc oil cooler etc

I always said I hit 180rwkw N/A I'd supercharge

And now I'm there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jah_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 18:24   #4 (permalink)

Engine mods:
Powerdyne blower and
NOS .

Auto mods:
Heavy duty clutchplates ????? (so he says)
Adjustable V8 valve body
Custom stall convertor (9.5 inch diameter ~3000 rpm stall)
2 oil coolers.

Has done a 12.3s pass when chiptorque pull their finger out and develop this dual program chip the ET will be less.
blown EF 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:14   #5 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

blown EF 6

12.3! bloody hell! can we get some pics of that thing???

apparently if you rebuild the box with 'taxi spec' bands and clutched they last heaps longer...

and the first mod anyone should do to an auto car is fit a F*ck-off big oil cooler! the life of an auto is inversely proportional to the temp of the fluid!

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 06:25   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah_Nix
is miles quicker unless u can DBL Clutch which most ppl on the street haven't got a clue about.

hey Jah Nix, it's flat change. a double clutch is a slow process of pressing the clutch to get out of gear and then pressing it again to select the next gear. flat changing is the fast way(not neccessarily the friendliest to driveline) and is done by stabbing the clutch to change gears without ever taking your foot off the accelerator.

it's quick, but can have some real nasty consequences on driveline components if not reinforced.

See them both here <=-- Page Updated 15 October 2006
TaraHymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 15:22   #7 (permalink)
YES its a 5 Speed!!

i was wonderin what jah_nix was tlkin about that double cluthcin was faster...wtf? lol, good mods to an auto include the shift kit, torque converter and of course a bigger cooler... 90% of automatic transmission failures are caused because of heat... so keep it cool!!! ohh yeh...Blwn EF 6.... put some pics up!... gotta see that thing!!!

For Sale: 2001 Yamaha WR400F
PM me for info
Supa R00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 00:08   #8 (permalink)
Often has bolts left over

my EA2 3.9mpfi auto pulls 92.5rwkw, only performance mods are pacemaker extractors. I will soon be removing the clutch fan and adding EL thermos and upgrading the air filter.
Old 11-23-2003, 16:24   #9 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

The quickest auto from the eafalcon drag days has been SB3's EA Ghia. El XR6 engine, exhaust, cone filter, diff gears and ran a 15.5.

Funny enough the EL XR autos that had exhaust systems etc were about .5 seconds off the pace on the same day.

Simon.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:11   #10 (permalink)
i want an XR6T

ef with huracane extractors 2 1/2 exhaust and 200 000klm's on the clock makes 114.5kw at the treads
bubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech