Ford Forums banner

pod air filter in ef air box on ea???

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MustangNicko 
#1 ·
hey does any one know how to put a pod air filter into an ef/el air box bot get the air flow to the stock ea multi point manifold?as the ea air box has the intake pipe to the manifold where the ef air box has its cold air intake!any help appreciated

#3 ·
Bolt on a XH snorkle to the Ef air box lid and run the mpfi induction pipe to the port on the bottom of ef air box. You will need to make some coustom pipe work on the inside of the air box to take your pod filter. Talk to Dellboy, as he has done it and can give you a complete run down.

#4 ·
I cheated

I hooked bottom of EF box to throttle body on EA, then used a PVC bend section from Bunnings (in the plumbing dept.) from this lower opening to a pod filter in the air box. Then i had a 3in bit of flexi tube running from the top of the EF box to the front of the car....thats if i wanted to be quiet. If not, i just took the lid off and lost all Cold air totally (but the sound was great!)

if i had it over again, i would have sealed the top of the box and made a hle under the airbox with a pipe running down to the front of the car in an effort to ram some air up into the box. You would probably have more benefit using XH ute snorkel and K&N panel filter power wise....but the induction sound a pod makes to me is great.

#5 ·
im hearin ya, i currently am just running a pod on a bracket where the air box should be,and the sound is damn nice,but im after that sound with performance to match,can a pod be mounted into an ea air box then i would just cut some holes in the box and get some ram air to inside the box...or will i need an ef air box??

#6 ·
what you asked about, is exactley how I have my car set up :0)

The EF air box is WAY bigger internally then the EA air box, go EF will make it easier to fit the pod inside.

I have a small tutorial I can email you, PM your email address if interested.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.