Ford Forums banner

Rampod Heat Shield? pic

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  jjj 
#1 ·
I have just converted my 3.9l EA falcon from CFI to MPFI and need some ideas of a cold air feed or heat shield for my rampod. Check out pic below:

http://www.fordforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22315&stc=1

cheers Luke.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Can you still hear the cool sound of the rampod if it is inside an air box. I need to hear that growl at hard acceleration!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just love looking at my engine bay now, no more big ugly tennis raquet. The CFI setup gave me the shits every time I lifted the bonnet, especially at the servo on thursday night(hoon night where I live).

Cheers Luke

#5 ·
Id say make up some kind of shield out aluminium to try and stop some of the heat getting to the filter and run a XH snorkle, i wouldnt bother with any other type of CAI, u'd be surprised how much air gets through behind the headlight!

#7 ·
#9 ·
TIKFD6 said:
they look a bit dodgee, there is still alot of heat that can get in.
Yeah they'd have to be but he was after ideas etc.. to I'd personally coat it with a reflective heat mat to keep it out & make it a bit bigger!
Nah stuff it I'd just throw in the airbox & got through the bottom of it & the steel under it like I did with my old ef!
Cheers
Nev

#11 ·
yep like that would be great! I had mine under the same without the hoses on my ef it just rammed the air in though the front bumper & with no water hassles! In the end I think I had removed something like 9square inces under the airbox & reiforced it with 3mm cross mesh then just removed the bottom of the airbox & glued in alloy body mesh to keep the big stuff out!
Worked like a charm & locked totally stock with the K&N panel inside hiding everything!
Went like a rocket after this & saved 2+ltrs per 100km on average!

#12 ·
Also TIKFD6 sorry to hear / read about the "incident"
But now ya know why ya have a racer & a streeter! :1poke:

#14 ·
TIKFD6 said:
Why have two cars, then you have to spend money making them bith go quick.
:p
Tell me about it, tubo for the EA in due course (after rebuild) & EFI & Alloy head for the Charger! (also after rebuild!)

TIKFD6 said:
The crash gives me the opitunity to redesign the air intake system.
:p
See there is an upside to most disasters!! Looked like it hurt too, even the sig pic looks painfull! LOL

#16 ·
Thanks for the idea's guys. I might try a few different things this weekend. If I get anything done, I'll post some pics.

Cheers Luke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.