Recommendations... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2004, 05:58   #1 (permalink)

Recommendations...

Hi all

I will be purchasing an I6 in the not too distant future and i was just after some opinions of which one to get.

The ed-ef series look nice, and will probably have the lower klm's on the clock where as the earlier model falcons will be cheaper but have more k's on the clock.

Anyways, i would like to hear from the owners of the e series falcons and what they have to say about them, whether they be good or bad.

Are there any falcons that are more suited to blown applications (turbo charged)??? The reason i asked this is because this is what i want to do in the future.

Thanks in advance
Leaks
Dents and;
Engine
Noise

FOR SALE: 1980 XD, Recently rebuilt 9" disc diff, with 3.25 gears, toploader with hurst shifter kit, 302C, DBA slotted and cross driled rotors, Fairmont interior with modified centre console, jellybean mags, reasonably good condition, driveline will handle 400+rwhp PM FOR PICS asking $3500
XDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2004, 06:48   #2 (permalink)

Re: Recommendations...

I own an ea and love it to death
i baught if for a cheap price but being fairly mechanical minded i fixed the small things easily
if you dont mind driving a manual than try to get one in manual.
very good car, goes well, comfy, fairly reliable.
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 21:47   #3 (permalink)

Re: Recommendations...

From the EB2, Ford stiffened the chassis up and made improvements to it's crash performance, so I would go for this model onwards. Depends what you want to do when you blow it. An EB2/ED has a lower compression ratio than later models, so may suit a low boost, non-decompressed set up more than a later model.
shano6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech