Redline Intake Manifold on a XF 4.1L - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2004, 16:44   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Redline Intake Manifold on a XF 4.1L

Gday guys

Just wondering, has anyone here fitted a Redline intake manifold to a XF falcon 4.1l? If so how hard was it? Does the manifold have all the places to fit the EGR valve, PVS and vacuum lines? Did you have to do anything to make it fit - any modifications? And also, does the 34 ADM weber bolt straight on the manifold or do you need an adaptor/spacer?

Did you notice a difference in power or drivability, eg. been able to rev a bit easier?

Thanks guys
Fordz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2004, 19:23   #2 (permalink)

Re: Redline Intake Manifold on a XF 4.1L

Easy. U need to make sure the accellerator cable and auto linkages r in the similar places on the Weber manifold. Redline face the 350 Holley facing the front and the linkages r on the pass side. U may need a longer v8 accell cable. Weber won't fit unless u use an adapter which is reversable anyway. Not much more power but better response. Prob need a cam and ext and exh for the 350 to work at its best.
Old 10-28-2004, 22:50   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Oh ok.. Where would I get the adaptor from
Old 10-29-2004, 00:43   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordz
Oh ok.. Where would I get the adaptor from
Hardiman Auto supplies distribute Redline gear. They supply a linkage kit to fit this conversion (350 or 500 holley). I can't remeber the part number but it is very effective and uses the original throttle cable (it did on my XD). Manifold has no EGR capability though - so technically not legal for road use.
sxr6man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2004, 01:38   #5 (permalink)
Ford Member

So the chunky ass EGR valve that is on the current intake manifold wheres that end up going? Wont the car run worse with out it???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxr6man
Hardiman Auto supplies distribute Redline gear. They supply a linkage kit to fit this conversion (350 or 500 holley). I can't remeber the part number but it is very effective and uses the original throttle cable (it did on my XD). Manifold has no EGR capability though - so technically not legal for road use.
Old 10-30-2004, 07:27   #6 (permalink)

I took the EGR pipe off the inlet maifold and the Motivator extractors I had had the pipe to connect it but it was blocked off inside. Adapter plates do work. I used a 2 bbl Holley adapter to a 1 bbl Stromberg manifold and even with the mismatch it worked very well. Then bought and used a Cain 2 bbl manifold and didn't really pick up much more performance gain. With the std manifold at leat the EGR setup was still connected legally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech