Ford Forums banner

Resetting computers

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  VBman 
#1 ·
i had my bat d/c for about 6 months i droped a cam and did some inlet work and conected it all back up and it idled at 1500 rpm, is there any steps to do when conecting the computer back up that ive missed out on ?

#2 ·
not as far as I know. Depends on what sort of imlet work you did though. Make sure that you haven't left a vacuum line off.

I hope you didn't polish the inlet too much, as it needs some roughness to help disperse the fuel droplets. Many years ago it used to be the gun thing to polish inlets until they wre so shiney you could see your face in them, until it was discovered that it actualy caused a loss of power, as the fuel was not being atomised enough.

#3 ·
Go give it a thrashing. Mine idles weird when I reset the ECU, driving around for a while will fix it. A WOT tune will just fix it quicker.

Or you could reset base idle, someone will tell you how to do it.

And porting/polishing the inlet manifold won't affect fuel, considering the injectors are at the end of the manifold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.