Ford Forums banner

Roller rockers on a crossflow

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  walbies 
#1 ·
I'm a bit new at these engines with two cylinders missing (don't get offended now!), I understand that clevo roller rockers bolt straight onto/ fit a crossflow. Has anyone fitted some, do I need special guide plates etc?
Cheers fellow Ford heads!

#2 ·
Yeah I think the clevo's are the same, but you can buy them for the crossflow as a set anyway. I used the proper roller rockers on my old turbo 4.1(adjustable) and I had to run the guide plates. If you talk to a Performance shop, they should point you in the right direction.

#4 ·
if you put them into a mpi motor you have to mod' the rocker because the rocker cover is lower the the tin one well only were the kick down cable crosses it

#5 ·
If u get the tip adjutable street terra rockers the adjuster will hit even the tin one.. u may need to fab up a modified rocker cover... i didnt need to as i have a decomp plate and 2 gaskets which means the adjuster is further down and doesnt hit the rocker cover :> But the alloy one will need some decent tig welding to fix

#6 ·
ive got the non adjustable ones i had to mod' only one thats where the kick down cable gose over the rocket cover
320,000 without replacing head gasket

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.