Ford Forums banner

rough idle on cpi with new mild cam

3K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  chargin 
G
#1 ·
I put in a crow "stage 1" cam in my center point ea, everyone said it wouldnt work, including crane and a lot of local cam grinders, the guy that recoed my head said rubbish it would go fine so I got mine reground and went for it. Have a nice power increase but very rough idle, Ive had to turn the idle screw up a bit to get it to idle smooth enough to not stall, its better when its hot though. Is this the slightly hotter cam? Its running on LPG (same probs on petrol) and seems to be running lean, if I cover the intake on the air intake a bit the idle evens out nicely but then it goes back to rough with my hand still there because I think the computer is adjusting it back to lean. Any ideas? Anything above idle is fine.

#2 ·
Im sure you would be able to run it richer on LPG, there should be a screw adjustment.

The Stage 1 should not give you too much problems man, however the Crow does have a bit of a rep for poor idle. Might pay to put the thing on a dyno.

Do you have any before/after 0-100km/h times or something?
Just to give others an idea of how much it helped

G
#3 ·

I have a gtech but this car to me is really just transport so it kinda doesnt interest me as far as the performance goes, I have a 360 charger that fixes that need, I shoulda tested it though I guess so I know where the tune is at. Ive turned the idle up a bit now and thats hepled heaps but when its cold after first being started it is very rough and stalls easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.