Second and Gas kit - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2005, 17:27   #1 (permalink)

Second and Gas kit

I bought an EBII a couple weeks ago and want to put it on gas, I was able to get a hold of a free gas kit from the same model EB off a mate.
Any ideas on what I should be paying to get this fitted?
Does anybody know a good place around melbourne to get it done?
Cheers
Brendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2005, 20:10   #2 (permalink)

Re: Second and Gas kit

The backyard is as good a place as any...

provided you do it properly. Chances are most workshops won't be keen to fit a 2nd hand system when they can sell you a new one. Just get the correct flaring tool and mount everything as it was fitted in the other car.

If you're incapable of doing it then look in the trading post as there is a wrecker in the Northern suburbs always advertising 2nd hand gas kits...presumably he is fitting them too.
aaron_hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 20:28   #3 (permalink)

if u go backyard job, atleast get it checked by a pro and get some sort of report of em. safety sakes
elford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:36   #4 (permalink)

to install a 2nd hand kit is about 400 but you can help it your self by mounting as much as you can the tank in the boot just rember to use 10cm plates as washers and the tank ( gage on tank ) must be parrallel to the floor & parcel shelf ........ You can mount the mixer inline and mount the converter off the strut tower and even mount the switch and gas gaige .. What you CANT USE is any of the old gas line but that dont cost a lot about $33 bux for the length of your car. if you have the old gas line off the other car, you can use the flaired nuts other then that you just need the gas lock off valve. if you do , do it in your backyard before youeven think about putting gas in there take it to a gas place to get it checked over first. might you cost you 20- 30 bux to check it but its better then blowing up
Old 01-13-2005, 21:12   #5 (permalink)

Re: Second hand Gas kit

Do you know of any places in melb (pref eastern suburbs) that will install for that price?

I rang three different places, one quoted $600 plus any parts required, the other two said most of the second hand parts cant be re-used (including tank and converter).
The perfect scenario is if I fit the tank and converter myself, then get someone else to do the rest.

Would $400 bucks just get it fitted, or would that make it certified/legal too?
Gas becomes quite uneconomical if you cop a fine for having an illegal setup, or worse, if it voids your insurance policy after and accident.
Brendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech