Smaller Fuel Tank - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2005, 21:44   #1 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

Smaller Fuel Tank

hey guys. i've got a dual fuel XF sedan. the gas tank is behind the back rest of the back seat and the petrol tank is under the floor of the boot. i've got a dual exhaust setup happening and at the moment and i have both pipes exiting on the right hand side. i want to have one pipe on each side which means the petrol tank has to be cut (it extends too far to the left). i need a half width petrol tank so i can still hold some petrol for emergencies (im a stinge thus the gas ).

does anyone know of any cars that have a tank that is half the width of an XF tank. the tank is plastic too so i can really do much to cut it. if i cant find another tank i might just ditch the petrol setup all together and go straight gas.
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2005, 21:53   #2 (permalink)
1974 xl tc 250 cortina

Re: Smaller Fuel Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabz
i might just ditch the petrol setup all together and go straight gas.
Thats easily the best thing you could do. If you get your car tuned for straight gas it will run better. After you bail the petrol tank it'll be lighter and you would be saving yourself a lot of trouble rooting around looking for a smaller petrol tank.
thek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 01:17   #3 (permalink)

Straight gas with a Gas Research carby
AU Series 1 I6 Futura, 17" XR Series III Rims, Kings superlow springs and Bilstien shocks, K-MAC adjustable caber kit, xr8 snorkle, BMC Filter, EF a/box lid, custom storm water pipeing, pacemakers, h/flow cat, 2 1/2" zorst mandrel bent, dyno'd @ 117.2kwrw b4 bmc
ir33t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 19:33   #4 (permalink)
Formerly: SmokeEA

How much weight would he save by ditching the pertol system? not to much me thinks.
Old 01-24-2005, 20:32   #5 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

Quote:
How much weight would he save by ditching the pertol system? not to much me thinks.
i cant see myself saving too much weight by doing this. still its less crap on my car.

Quote:
Straight gas with a Gas Research carby
where can i get a gas research carby. i've heard about them and im interested but i cant find any info on them. thanks guys.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech