Ford Forums banner

**SOLUTION** to Idle probs with big cam!!!

5K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  fordboy1996 
#1 ·
I've been whining about this one for a while now - I couldnt get me EL with a wade reground cam to idle. The cam was pretty big and I had the problem where it either wouldnt idle or it would idle at 2000rpm. Something to do with the manifold pressure being too low at idle and having load on the TPS.

Anyways the easy fix is to put a aluminum plate underneath the ICS with two 2-3mm holes drilled where the normal idle ports would sit. You then set base idle with the screw, this enables the ICS to controll idle when the Air Con/Lights/Power Steer is used but stops it from reving up to 2000rpm.

If anyone is having a problem with idle and you cant afford an aftermarket fuel injection system then this is the way out - you can also mess around with cam timing and ignition timing as per Rick however if its a regrind this may be a problem.

I have a piggy back chip tuned to the cam - it made a difference but wasnt perfect by a longshot!!

Anyways hope this helps.

#3 ·
havnt got specs but its a lot larger than a crow stage 3 in terms of lift and duration. I you like i'll post them when i find them....

#5 ·
not sure but it was custom ground as I have the AU head on my EL

#6 ·
is the 1521a bigger than the 1004s?

#12 ·
I'm guessing he's talking more about the little ISC mod u did.

#13 ·
no sorry i didnt

#15 ·
TIKFD6 said:
Sounds like the Wade i just sold.
a 1521A.
That would be the one that wade made for me to try out about 15 months ago, which i then sold to you :)

Dave.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.