Spark plugs for I6 Tickford - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2005, 01:04   #1 (permalink)

Spark plugs for I6 Tickford

Got a Fairlane Ghia(7,99) with the Tickford I6 motor.

Wanted to know if this motor is meant to take 'platinum' plugs.

On another note...

Ordered some Autolite plugs from Jim Mock Motorsport - he sent down the wrong plugs, damn.Got a call from the service centre at Adrien Brien Ford, said the plugs are wrong type size wise.

Once again just like my previous post on 'engine belt/chain for I6' the service guy didn't know if the plugs are meant to be platinum or just standard.

It's becoming rather disheartening having to come to a Ford forum and double check what these service people at Ford dealerships 'SHOULD KNOW!'

Bloody hell! I don't have time to do this stuff myself, so I pay people at a dealer who should damn well know this stuff instead of saying "I'll ring you back with the details".

Much Grrrrring!!!
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2005, 02:26   #2 (permalink)

Re: Spark plugs for I6 Tickford

the easiest thing is to just say i need a set of XR6 plugs for such and such car thats what the motr is! i had really bad fuel economy in my EF falcon Sportsman till someone on here told me to check that my car didnt have a xr6 motor in it and witch it did so i changed my plugs and bang the diffrence was made unbelievable!

cheers
mods
2 1/2 exhaust finishs and dumps on the outs siode of the rear drivers pasenger door!
stage 4 crow cam
3'' scat hose intake
3.08 cig locker
stage (spastic) shift kit (chirp first to second)

anyone interested in the shift kit i can give you the dirt on the upgrade and how it costs you less than the electronic shift kit!
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech