Speedo Connection for EB dash to ED engine - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2004, 23:16   #1 (permalink)
Back on the road again

Speedo Connection for EB dash to ED engine

G'day everyone,

Just had an ED engine put in my EB to replace the bung engine that was in there. I am now having some major issues connecting the ED wiring on the Engine to EB connections. I have a digital dash speedo as the car is a fairmont ghia. Anyone have any ideas? Will i need to replace the speedo cluster or is there an easy way to adapt the plugs.

Cheers
Ben

falconnsw@hotmail.com
Aiming for the Best EB Ghia
whataboutBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2004, 00:18   #2 (permalink)
Mister Thirsty

Re: Speedo Connection for EB dash to ED engine

Probably not really what you want to know about, but i've just finished mounting a pushbike speedo/computer in my EB.

I used to have one on my old VF honda, and found it really useful in addition to the normal speedo.

The only thing it misses out on from the standard ford trip computer i guess is the fuel consumption info.

If anyone's interested, I can share the 'how to' story and list the things to look out for...

Or not.
batfastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 03:38   #3 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

What exactly are you having trouble with? The ED injector harness should plug straight into the EB engine bay loom.
The only things I can think of offhand are the TPS and ISC connectors, which won't fit the EB injector harness. If that's the case, I suggest you either get the ED harness off the guys you bought the engine from, or change the TPS and ISC back to the EB one.

Why are you having any trouble at all? Shouldn't this have been done if they did the work for you?

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:22   #4 (permalink)
i'll never grow up

are you trying to go multipoint or just replace the engine.. use your old accessories.. spi and mpfi manifolds interchange.. otherwise major headaches swapping the clusters ED falcons had smartlock.. but not sure why are you swapping cluster anyway?..
95 Mustang GT 302: VQ-S2 Vortech - Edelbrock Intake - BBK 70mm TB - UPR Boostpipe - TwEECer - Walbro 255 & T-Rex fuel pump - MSD btm - Crane HI-6 - 36# injectors - Pro-m 80mm MAF - Kirban FPR - FMS 9mm leads - FMS 3.73 Gears - Transgo Shift kit - B&M cooler - Saleen guage pod, FMS Boost and FP guages - R/H drive - Eibach Springs - Holley headers, http://www.meales.com.au
gtcoupe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 03:59   #5 (permalink)
Ride like the Wind

we put an ED engine into an EB and just connected the wires that would fit and left the others loose, works perfect.

Barefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech