Ford Forums banner

SS Inductions Throttle Body

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rau 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Its not worthwhile on the I6. The standard throttle body and injectors are good for at least 200RWKW at RPM up to 6,000rpm. You would be wasting your money.

The only difference you will find is you will use more fuel.

Wait untill you have over 180 rwkw on a dyno and are looking for more before even considering it.

#4 ·
My mechanic (who drives a BA XR8) has had one of these fitted and loves it with the SSInductions intake. He's now pushing me hard to get one for my 6.

Having had bored throttle bodies on previous 4 cylinder cars I know about the increase in fuel consumption they cause, but the mid-range response was a worthwhile trade-off.

Would it be worthwhile getting one considering I plan on fitting a unichip to (among other things) have everything tuned and optimised.

Some of the XR6T guys are talking about going from 450km per tank to 700km per tank after getting the unichip - so this must be the chip leaning out the fuel mixture - so if this type of thing is possible surely that would compensate for the extra fuel usage of the 75mm TB.

Still, it seems a decent whack of money for only 8kw AFTER you also spend another $400 on the SSInductions intake system...

#5 ·
I am seeing plenty of good results for BA N/A 6's with unichips but not so many on throttle bodies.

Go the unichip it would appear to a more proven path on the BA N/A 6.

have you seen all the BA JMM kits now with unichip being the core mod?

#6 ·
I've seen what he's got so far, but since I'm already getting a decent exhaust and induction system and will be getting a unichip as well down the track I might wait till he's cracked the motor and has some cam options etc before I get more serious about having a look at his stuff.

#7 ·
Not that long ago a car mag(forgotton which 1) done an article on after market TB's for the LS1, standard and modded versions, where power was either the same or decreased after fitting them(the mildy modded LS1 test car with factory TB actually lost power when fitted with the after market version). It also stated that factory TB's were more than adequate and if you were to fit an after market TB it was recommended that an after market manifold also be fitted to make any gains with the TB.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.