suggestions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2005, 20:25   #1 (permalink)

suggestions

Hey guys im new to this site. i have 72 f100 with a 240, and i was wondering if anyone knew some quick ways to get a little extra "umph" to the rear wheels. Im not planning on doing anything soon, but i want to *eventually* get in

a high energy cam
headers
4bbl allumn intake & eddie carb

and heres the most difficult one... a turbo
i've heard its been done before, but ive never actually seen it done. does anyone know what id need to do and what kind of turbo i might need?
thanks,
Drew
TXOUTLAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2005, 00:51   #2 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Re: suggestions

If you have an f100 why wouldnt you put a BIG v8 in it like a 351 or a 460??

you could probably pick up everything you needed for the 351 quite cheaply and it would be a bolt in affair and you wouldnt have insurance hassles etc as F100s came out with 351 engines, while the turbo option is just going to pain after pain and at best, you are only going to double your power and then try and get insurance for it. Good luck...

At the end of the day, nothing makes up for CUBES..Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.
G0lg0tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 23:34   #3 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

Re: suggestions

Why not fit a 300 cube six from the same famly of engines... THey produce MORE LOW down Torque than a V8 due to the Crazy stroke.. , and respond well to mods.. People have even Cast up alloy Heads for these motors. In a 66 mustang there was a 300 cube that ran a low 12.. So the power is there...
Cams, extractors roller rockers are all avalible... You can have 60 cubes for free.... why not take em
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech