Ford Forums banner

suggestions

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  INJECTED250 
#1 ·
Hey guys im new to this site. i have 72 f100 with a 240, and i was wondering if anyone knew some quick ways to get a little extra "umph" to the rear wheels. Im not planning on doing anything soon, but i want to *eventually* get in

a high energy cam
headers
4bbl allumn intake & eddie carb

and heres the most difficult one... a turbo
i've heard its been done before, but ive never actually seen it done. does anyone know what id need to do and what kind of turbo i might need?
thanks,
Drew

#2 ·
If you have an f100 why wouldnt you put a BIG v8 in it like a 351 or a 460??

you could probably pick up everything you needed for the 351 quite cheaply and it would be a bolt in affair and you wouldnt have insurance hassles etc as F100s came out with 351 engines, while the turbo option is just going to pain after pain and at best, you are only going to double your power and then try and get insurance for it. Good luck...

At the end of the day, nothing makes up for CUBES..Thats my 2 cents worth anyway.

#3 ·
Why not fit a 300 cube six from the same famly of engines... THey produce MORE LOW down Torque than a V8 due to the Crazy stroke.. , and respond well to mods.. People have even Cast up alloy Heads for these motors. In a 66 mustang there was a 300 cube that ran a low 12.. So the power is there...
Cams, extractors roller rockers are all avalible... You can have 60 cubes for free.... why not take em

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.