Ford Forums banner

Supercharging el xr6

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  cjperformance 
#1 ·
hey all,
im looking at spending bout 15k on my xr6.... Jus dont know where to start? Anyone know any ford performance workshops in adelaide? prefer supercharger over a turbo..? or is turbo better? if ya could point me in the right direction.... would be great!

#2 ·
personally i think two small turbos on an inline six are the way to go. i would run a cam with wider lobe separation angles(112 degrees), to trick the engine into thinking that it has more compression that it really does, drop the comression ratio down to 9:1, and run 10psi boost. the small turbos will build boost at low rpm so you will need to use a popoff valve or wastegate to control the boost. and with two small turbos you will have plenty of airflow to feed the engine.

#3 ·
15k on el xr6 i whouldent
spend some money on making it smick as factory rigy
or sell and spend it on something that will gain value a t series fte or simerlar.
what do you want to do as to what is done
i pref single turbo's as with the big 6 they spool early anyway t4's start spooling around 1500 and making power around 1800.
as for a blower a m90 goes really good on them

#4 ·
hi. there are a couple of good supercharger kits available for ef/l 6cyl. they go really well and are very reliable if not boosted too high. you'll need to do some other driveline mods if you plan to give it a hard time. absolute minimum is a good clutch and flywheel. a good exhaust is a must, i use pacemaker 4480 with 2.5" system using glass pack lukey/ walker muffler. not too loud but a powerful sound. supercharged 4.0L 6 also sounds pretty evil with 2.25" twin exhaust. cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.