TD Perfomance upgrades for the 200 motor - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2005, 06:14   #1 (permalink)

biggrin TD Perfomance upgrades for the 200 motor

Hey, there guys and girls, i'm just wanting some advice if possable about upgrading my 200 motor in my TD cortina, i have a great car no rust there is nothing wrong with the engine i would just like to gain some more kw's out of the original motor, i don't really want 2 change this motor because i want 2 give the illution that the motor is mosltly stock other then say extractors and a carrburetter, i am getting a set of pacemakers and a 2 and a 1/4 inch exhast system oust on the car relivly soon, i have made a custom air intake and also i have got the carby professonaly rebiult i am just wondering if it would be posable 2 obtain around 200kw from the motor i have, i know that to get that performace i will need pistons ect which i will ge the engine completley rebiult when i do that but what kind of parts would i be looking 2 upgrade, any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Duffman1333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2005, 11:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: TD Perfomance upgrades for the 200 motor

200kw out of 200cubes thats a massive ask
i spent over 10 grand on my boat engine witch is a 202 stroked to 228 and all the goods to go with it and i only just able to get 300 HP and if i wanted any more i would have to go forced induction!

cheers
notty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 03:47   #3 (permalink)

I am presuming that this is a pre crossflow 200 six, if so, your best option is to get a 250-2v head and intake. This is a direct bolt up on your engine and should give it a real wake up even with the standard ww stromberg carby. however if the car is 4 speed tranny then a cam with about 220 degrees at 0.050 inch will let it rev up very nicely. The 200 is a revvy thing with a cam.
A7M
aussie7mains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2005, 16:39   #4 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

I can sell u a stroker kit for the 200. Its a 250 Crank and use youre long 200 rods on ACL race series pistons :>.... Defently go a 250, its power/torque for free and looks the same.. 200 kw from a single barrle just isnt ever goin to happen..
id be happy with 140-150 kw .. even then thats going to be a fair ask. being a TD it should be a crossflow?.. What year is it?
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 18:27   #5 (permalink)
Registered Cruiser

Hey Injected250, not trying to hijack this thread, but can you tell me more about this stroker kit?

Im 1/2 way through a build of my 200 c.i XR falcon engine (7 mains etc) (I have flat top pistons fitted to my 200 rods, so if I can just use your crank that would be great)

The 250 cranks I have seen have bigger rear engine seals and main bearings so how does your kit get around this? Do you machine the crank bearings and rear main seal down and fit a slip ring or something??

How much is this kit? I'd love a 250 cu in my 200 block..

Cheers
K

Last edited by G0lg0tha; 12-12-2005 at 17:04. Reason: bad spelling....
G0lg0tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech