Ford Forums banner

TFI module

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  athol35 
#1 ·
Any problems replacing the TFI module? It is behind the air cond. compressor so may need to make a special bent screwdriver. They are supposed to come with a coating of heatsink but would it be better to add some more. Someone said they fail because there is not enough heat sink compound.

#2 ·
you got to take the dizzy out to get to it, its the same position as my XF. You can't get a normal screwdriver in, but I doubt you would find a bent screwdriver, unless you bend one yourself.

I just marked the distributer with white out so I could take it out, and then put it back in and line the whiteout marks up, that way you dont mess the firing up. Took me 10 mins to do, and I am not the best at mechanics.

#5 ·
...and on reflection I would love to know how the Ford engineers came up with such a precise amount (0.9 grams). Did they actually weigh it; what happens if you put 1.0 grams in? Oh and the amount spread on the base is to be exactly .75 mm thick and spread lightly and evenly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.