Thank you jim/brendan mock and 9psi - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2004, 06:47   #1 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Thank you jim/brendan mock and 9psi

Hi all .I would like to personally thank the above 3 individuals for the amazing difference to my car.Ihave been getting consistent 0-100 kph times of 7- 7.4 seconds with my au station wagon,and 150 kgs of tools in the rear.Tonight I emptied the boot and raced a six month old 330ci coupe bmw.I had asked him for a race to compare.As a result from 0-110kph we were head to head I am amazed that I did this.My car cost 14000 and the other guys car was 100000 dollars.Sure he pulled away at 110 but I still think I have done well.9si with his auto shift kit and the mocks for their terrific extractors race series.Thatts all my car has ..o ..except for a k&n air filter.I cant be bothered with racing above 110 kph as this is still street legal acceleration.I wish I could find a way to either get more torque down low or even for heck of it a good power increase at110 kph.But all in all THANKS GUYS!!!
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2004, 06:57   #2 (permalink)
BOFH

Re: Thank you jim/brendan mock and 9psi

chip it, easy as that!

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:15   #3 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

I cant wait to see the results casper.Ihope its made a big difference for you buddy you have put a big effort in and I hope you reap the rewards
Old 07-23-2004, 07:28   #4 (permalink)

why not look into putting a different cam in it!!!

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:39   #5 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Im scared to actually ..a phobia from a long time ago.Maybe the intake system needs another look in????Maybe the cam does level out at 100 kph?Or maybe the bmw has got some hi tech gizmo to cut in at 110?and blows me away?Do ya think a cam will make the difference.? Looking at these forums I have seen people with the works in their cars and not getting this type of acceleration out of their cars.I just looked at the 330 ci bmw and it does 0-100 in 6.5seconds!!!!!!!I dont really want to wreck this great acceleration.At the end of the day my original goal was acceleration and torque.I dont care too much bigrwkw figures if i lose this fellig.Shit ..i dont really know ..A great little aussie man once gave me some advice....greed kills!!!If its intake holding me back then ill work it out.If its the cam i will be at a stalemate!! confused???
Old 07-23-2004, 07:42   #6 (permalink)

i am sure you could get a custom grind cam to suit what you are after..... check it out, you may get a little more out of it!!!

94 ED Futura
PROUD TQE OPERATOR
13.822 @ 99.67MPH - Willowbank 05/08/2006
OED666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 07:42   #7 (permalink)

you need to see the light, put a turbo on the wagon ... i have seen the light
au-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 15:01   #8 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Maybe a dev2 cam from jimmock?Maybe a dev 3 cam?If I go to big I am worried bout losing down low.Ill have a chat to him on Monday they sound like really nice blokes...ive spoken to jim a couple of times.I f only I can leave the current acceleration intact or better....
Old 07-23-2004, 16:37   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OED666
why not look into putting a different cam in it!!!
Most standard grings work very well because of the small duration and small overlap but a grind with a bit more in the intake duration and/or lift (will need better springs)works a bit better to let more charge in but I don't know if the AU EEC5 can handle it well.
Like me a $300 cam job became a $1000 cam, chip and spings then Oh well might as well do the head up. more $$$$$
Old 07-23-2004, 16:47   #10 (permalink)

Oh one of the mags had a EA supercharged and they used a special turbo grind but it was a Crow off the shelf. I reckon it was a Crow Stage 2.
You see most EA-AU grinds which are computer friendly are between 260-270 duration * 195/205 dur @ 0.50" * 0.470-0.490" lift with different lobe sep/centrelines 110-115.
However Surecam quoted me a cam with 210/219 duration @ 0.50". I personally think a bit too big for what I wanted.
Good luck and tell us of your sucessfull cam choice !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech