Ford Forums banner

Throttle body differences EB -> EBII

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mongrelEB 
#1 ·
Hello all.
Can anybody tell me if there was any difference in terms of size/operation/performance between the throttle bodie's on EB's and EBII's?
I know that the little metal bit that sticks out for the TPS is different, which is why I ask. I have a 4-speed EAII which I am going to do a MPFI conversion on, so I need the two tps's. Which I have, btw. However, the manifold I have is off a EBII (cheers to Rob) and as such only has the single TPS.
So, I have 3 choices, I think.
Use the existing throttle body and TPS, but piggy-back the wires (not keen on this one)
Modify the TPS sensor and stick another peice of metal through to activate the second sensor (not keen on this one either, could be rife with problems)
Or, get a throttle body off an EAII or EB. If there is no difference other than that, then that's the way I will go.
Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 ·
umm i thought the tps plug is on the injector loom.Manifold is same. When i done my conversion i got the wrong throttle body. I got the 4 speed ver without place for kickdown cable.there are also 2 types of tps plugs round type and rectangle with oval shaped connector.Yours would probably be round so just get the injector harness with 2 round tps plugs on it.

#3 ·
I agree: You'll need the harness as well as the throttle body.

You should probably consider piggybacking the wires. This causes no issues at all that I have come across ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.