triple webers - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2004, 19:13   #1 (permalink)

triple webers

has anyone have any experience with setting up triple webers on a x-flow 6 on a redline manifold. I was thinking of putting this set up on my car and was wondering if anyone has encounted any problems.
xr-smothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2004, 20:39   #2 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

Re: triple webers

The biggest hassle is balancing the tripples, unless the person setting them up has experience in being able to balance them properly.

They sound awesome, but a bit thirsty!
Old 03-08-2004, 22:19   #3 (permalink)

ive heard from a good mechanic that to tune multiple carbs u can take the vacuum off one at a time on the carbs then adjust till the idle is a certain RPM then attach the vac and move to the next carb and do the same thing, adjust till idle is at certain RPM, then connect the vacuum and do the same with the last one, this should balance up the carbs quite nice, as for air mixture screws just make sure that they are the same, bottom out then back out about 2 turns. Ive never tried it but i do know hes quite a good mechanic
Old 03-09-2004, 01:08   #4 (permalink)

As an ex-Charger RT owner 20 years ago, I once had a book on the Chargers (its lost now) and from memory it had technical information for tuning the triple webers on the E37-38-48-49 engines. It wasn't a lot but from memory the tuning secret was revealed to some extent.

I found a reference to an online library which still seems to stock this book. It is Valiant Charger (Marque Spotlight Series)

Marque
History
$38.45

and you can get it at http://www.marque.com.au/scripts/Boo...hrysler&Type=C

A better alternative might be to suss out the Max Ellery workshop manuals for the VH (see the same site) and see if they cover tuning the carbs on E37-38-48-49 Hemi engines as it might have some better info.
Old 03-09-2004, 02:37   #5 (permalink)
stix

My old man had some comments, he said a Triple mercury monometer would do it. If you can find one? Its an instrument you attach to each carbie and the pressure from them raises a column of mercury in the monometer over each carbie. Adjust until the columns are at the same level... Also mentioned another instrument you can use one by one in the carbies but my dad can't remember what the hell it's called.

He's restoring a '71 Alfa Romeo with double delorto carbies... piece of cake to tune them with a monometer. That's the instrument you want to tune them perfectly, with minimum hassles.

Like I said, if you can find one.
Green P's, '97 EL Falcon GLi, just got my stereo in... Next come Pacemakers, 2.5" custom exhaust, V8 Intake scoop with K&N Hi-Flow filter, lowering, XR6 ECU, chip that too thanks, maybe even some mags, wide profile rear tyres, semi low pro all round... wait, no, damn rego payments come first... That and cleaning out the MANK that the previous owner left... Oh well. Dreams are free. Pity petrol isn't.
el macho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 05:25   #6 (permalink)

also used for balancing bike carby's.

ask around your mates that work on their own bikes.
heller44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 14:18   #7 (permalink)

thanks alot for the info. i really appreciate it. At the moment i'm tring to source some carbies at a reasonable price. I've have one quote for $2500 for three new 45 side draught webers, manifold, linkages and low fuel pressure regulator. This is just out of my price range i might have to look at getting second hand carbies.
xr-smothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2004, 10:55   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by el macho
My old man had some comments, he said a Triple mercury monometer would do it. If you can find one? .

Qaud versions are available through Motorcycle Accessory Supermarket in Sunny Sydney and most likely through a similar outlet in grey old Melbourne.

Connect a tube to 1, 3 and 5 to balance the three carbs, then connect to 1 and 2 to balance the first carby, etc. then go back and do 1, 3 and 5 again to make sure all is still good.

Tripple webbers use no more fuel than any other carb setup, it's your right foot that makes the most difference ;-)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech