Ford Forums banner

turbo eb questions

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  gm dstroya 
#1 ·
just wondering when you turbo a eb i6 do you have to change the
injection system and computer or can you remap the computer and what injectors ?

and is any of this possible with out blowing a massive bugget?

and any other factors you need to look out for when doing this?

thanks

#2 ·
G'day,

I'm in the process of put a turbo on my EBII. I'll fill you in more when I Start. But I think you would have to change the injector sizes and computer.

Wayne B

#4 ·
I am hoping to do mine for around $2500, but I have already got a ECU and fuel reg.

Wayne B

#6 ·
sick d

mate i have almost finished a turbo set up on the ea out back.

a bosch 044 pump will supply all the fuel you'll need to support over 400 rwhp they rrp for about 400-600

a set of second hand rx7 pink (or some people refer to them as red as well) they flow 555cc and will support over 550 rwhp (provided you use a good fuel reg) expect these to be round 50-60 dollars each but may be worth while having the professionaly cleaned so budget another 100-125 bucks for that. another option is a set of r34 gtr injectors they flow 444cc's.

as for the fuel reg a malpassi ring rate reg is what i am using and can be bought for 200

as for a computer you really cant go past a delco set up (i know i know a hold on part but....meh)
i got one with a 2 bar map sensor and loom to suit the falcon and the ecu to run it all for 1300 bucks and IMO you really cant beat it for the money..... fully tunable just about any where in aus has the software to tune it has spare outputs on some of the ecu's (late model ones) and there are add on software available to them as well.

also look at getting some .5 inch fuel lines as well.

cheers.joe.

#8 ·
nah the stoko ecu can be mapped zoom magazine proved it when they did the work horse wake up project they ended up running 12 psi or sumthing in the end

but the standard ford computer dosnt have the same sort of support as a delco setup
like... if ur cars running a bit rich or leaning out a bit you can pull into any performance dyno shop in aus and 9 times outa 10 you can get the delco tuned but you will have a lot more probs with trying to do the same thing with a eecv or eeciv

also the ford ecu wont have spare out puts and will not have a optional software capabilities (the delco does) but the standard ford ecu comp will handle up to 7 psi untouched. so it will depend on what ur after.

cheers.joe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.