Ford Forums banner

turbochaging xr6

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Falchoon 
#1 ·
im thinking about turbocharging my xr6,im wondering what size to use,engine mods,price,performance,and if anyone in taS 2 fit it properly

#2 ·
Depends how much power u want in the end. I'd go for a T3/T4 garrett turbo, front mount intercooler, bigger fuel system & if the engine's done a few km's rebuild it with ACL pistons & rings with a lower compression ratio of about 8.0:1. It should easily give u around 400hp with mild boost. You'll need either a new computer or a unichip piggy back aswell.
I got a quote from GCG Turbochargers in Sydney for $8500 for everything.
AVO in vic can do it also for a round the same money.
Theres also a guy on Fullboost.com.au who has started to make kits for the 4.0L six. Here's a link to the thread http://pub23.ezboard.com/ffullboostfrm6.showMessage?topicID=921.topic might be worth contacting him for a quote. His user name is PSI060. His getting about 500hp.
Also check out Zoom magazine. They did a twin turbo setup in a XR6 ute, using second hand nissan turbos. The project was called "workhorse wake up". It went over 3 or 4 issuses.

#3 ·
BlownXR6 said:
Also check out Zoom magazine. They did a twin turbo setup in a XR6 ute, using second hand nissan turbos. The project was called "workhorse wake up". It went over 3 or 4 issuses.
Yeh that was a good article, I loved the bit about doing something like 50mtr burnouts towing a car on a car trailer!:wtf2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.