Ford Forums banner

Twin Thermos Into XF

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TIKFD6 
#1 ·
Hey guys just wondering has anyone put Twin thermos into an XF before, if so can u fit them straight in without altering them, hav u set them up without using a switch and if u do use thermos can u get rid of the big fan that runs off the front of the engine???

#5 ·
the best set up I have found is two thermo fans in front of the condensor (if fitted with air con), the standard clutch fan and a three core radiator. The electric fans are on a manual switch at the moment if needed for extra cooling and improves air con performance markedly

#6 ·
I run 2 davies craig 10" fans and a davies craig thermo switch on my XF. Never runs above 1/2 even in the peak of summer. Stock radiator too.

You'll need to remove the clutch fan using a 1 1/4" spanner and have someone push down on the belts to stop the water pump pulley from spinning while you undo it (there are other methods, most effective i've found if this doesn't work is a large pair of vice grips).

#7 ·
I just run a single 16 inch thermo on the front of radiator, (no aircon) on my XF and have no problems at all, havent run the fan for about 4 weeks now as temps around here have been cool enough not to worry about it, the only time i turn it on is on hot days or if im in the maccas drive thru!! I looked into twin AU thermos but they looked to big to go behind the radiator and if ya put them in front it blocks to much airflow for the radiator to be efficient with the thermo off! the only prblem i have is that a 16 inch thermo really sucks up voltage and often my fairmont dash tells me that volts are gettin real low!

#8 ·
xdc351 said:
I run 2 davies craig 10" fans and a davies craig thermo switch on my XF. Never runs above 1/2 even in the peak of summer. Stock radiator too.

You'll need to remove the clutch fan using a 1 1/4" spanner and have someone push down on the belts to stop the water pump pulley from spinning while you undo it (there are other methods, most effective i've found if this doesn't work is a large pair of vice grips).
how much did ur setup cost?? roughly

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.