Unichip???? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2004, 03:10   #1 (permalink)

Unichip????

Hey all, I was wondering weather or not it was worth getting a unichip installed on my ef 4lt, the mods done so far are: Wade 1004@112 Cam, Stainless Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, AU3 XR Snorkle and BMC Panel Filter, and will also be doing headwork in the near future with posibilty of bigger cam. And how much would i be looking at to get it installed and tested and where would i go to get it done??

Thanks Adam
EF Fairmont 4lt Auto - Wade 1004@112 Cam, Chiptorque Custom Chip, Lukey Stainless Extractors, Lukey 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Filter, AU3 XR8 Snorkle, Shiftkit, King Ultra Low Suspension, 18" Advantek Rims, DBA Gold Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, Tickford Bodykit, Cornering Lamps, Kenwood H/U, 4x Response Splits, 2 x 12" Kicker Comp VR Subs, 2 x Response Amps, Roof Mount LCD, DVD Player.
[TUFEA-6] is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2004, 04:57   #2 (permalink)

Re: Unichip????

doesnt matter i have been told that if im going to change my diff gears to 3.9 or 4.11 that id need a chiptorque chip to change my shift points for the auto, which shud give me more power to
EF Fairmont 4lt Auto - Wade 1004@112 Cam, Chiptorque Custom Chip, Lukey Stainless Extractors, Lukey 2.5" Exhaust, K&N Filter, AU3 XR8 Snorkle, Shiftkit, King Ultra Low Suspension, 18" Advantek Rims, DBA Gold Rotors, EBC Greenstuff Pads, Tickford Bodykit, Cornering Lamps, Kenwood H/U, 4x Response Splits, 2 x 12" Kicker Comp VR Subs, 2 x Response Amps, Roof Mount LCD, DVD Player.
Old 11-02-2004, 05:16   #3 (permalink)
Rip Up The Track Join OFR

Here is a thread about my brothers Unichip, was fitted by APS $1250, JMM also fit Unichips not to sure what they charge..
MY AU6 and UNICHIP
XRFPV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:42   #4 (permalink)
BOFH

JMM charge $1400

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 16:58   #5 (permalink)

does anybody know how much i would be looking at for a chiptorque chip installed and where i would get it done, beacue i want to change my diff gears and be able to set my shift points as im planning on keeping the auto
Old 11-02-2004, 18:57   #6 (permalink)
Blue Blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TUFEA-6]
does anybody know how much i would be looking at for a chiptorque chip installed and where i would get it done, beacue i want to change my diff gears and be able to set my shift points as im planning on keeping the auto

Well according to aufalcon.com casper had it done at Herrod Motorsport, however if they did the work or just donated their workshop i'm not 100%

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 20:02   #7 (permalink)
BOFH

Herrods can do the install however the chip programming is done by ChipTorque. Either that or you can talk directly to Chiptorque on the goldcoast and they can orgainse it for you.

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech