visual diff's between ef tickford/non tickford i6 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2004, 23:45   #1 (permalink)

visual diff's between ef tickford/non tickford i6

what are the differences between the tickford i6 in the ef fairmonts and the non tickford i6?

also was it available to option the tickford setup(engine, suspension and lsd) in a standard fairmont? because i have just bought a fairmont off my aunty and she baught it as it is(apart from aftermarket headers and 2 inch exhaust) and it has the tickford wings on the front quaters as well as next to the fairmont badge on the back. she also told me it had the lowered sports suspension... apart from that she doesnt know. it also has the 15 inch alloys.
travis_ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2004, 23:53   #2 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Re: visual diff's between ef tickford/non tickford i6

tickford motors were only avail in the ef series 2 fairmont ghias onwards (and xr's), allways with an auto in the fairmonts

If you take the black shroud off the power steering pump/ serpentine belt there will b a embossed "T" on the ront of the head , Also there should be a red rocker cover and possibly a air intake with tickford writing on it (if its still there and hasnt been replaced with cAi
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2004, 23:55   #3 (permalink)

Ps i would be worried about that 2 inch exhaust as all falcon exhausts from ea's onwards are 2 1/4 in size , Bar the xr's as they are 2 1/2 mandrell bent
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
Old 12-23-2004, 02:06   #4 (permalink)

lol, that was what my aunty told me... i thaught it sounded a wee bit small. i just went and had a look and a bit of a measure though and it seems to be a 2.5 inch exhaust... the car doesnt have a black shroud over the powersteering pump and stuff. but there also isnt a t on the head and the rocker cover isnt red... everything seems to point to it not being a genuin tickford fairmont... it not being a ghia and not being a series 2 also points to that ohhh well 6 grand for a ef fairmont with extractors and a 2.5 inch system isnt that bad is it?
Old 12-23-2004, 02:10   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

In addition the T on the head it should have 94DT on it, instead of 94DA on the standard heads.
psycho chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 02:11   #6 (permalink)

p.s is it possible that it could have been optioned with the tickford suspension and/or the lsd?

my aunty is sure that it has the tickford suspension (it is as low as an xr), and i would like if it had the lsd
Old 12-23-2004, 02:12   #7 (permalink)

no, how many kms on it. Dont worry the tickford ghias were only 162 kw and i std falcon is about 157 ??? correct, so u hav prob made up the diffrence with the sports exh and extractors
Old 12-23-2004, 02:13   #8 (permalink)

um is there a tag on the filler plug of the diff identifying it as a lsd, It may well have been optioned with the sports suspension
Old 12-23-2004, 02:39   #9 (permalink)

YAY, its got an lsd (the tag on the diff said 3.23:1) which according to eafalcon.com is the lsd for an auto. no tag on the filler plug though.... and of course there is always onother way to check if the dif slips i think you all know what im saying the head actually has 94 AB on it... whats that mean (is it different to the regular 94DA or is it just another number put on the regular head?)
Old 12-23-2004, 02:43   #10 (permalink)

one more thing, how much do you guys estimate it is worth? it has about 200k on the clock and it is in vary good condition, its got duel fuel... ummm dont know anything else to tell apart from what has already been said.

btw the tranny seems a lil slow to drop back when ya plant it. its that just how these trannies are? or is it in need of a service? ( its about as slow as the never serviced c10 in my xa fairmont coupe)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech