Ford Forums banner

VS holden vs. EF Falcon?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Jake_101 
#1 ·
I have got a 96' EF falcon, with exhaust, and my mate just bought a 95' VS holden.

both engines are stock, and both are autos.

Seeing as his holden seems to be the "equivelant" to my ford, I was wondering which model car is better? and does anyone know of a website that compares the two cars?

#2 ·
Your mates car will be quicker off the line due to the first gearing of then holdens, but down a QTR mile, you would probably win. As for which model is better, horse ofr courses, both have thier respective strength and weaknesses, heagaskets in the fords case and rear main seals and power steering pumps for the holden.

#3 ·
The commie should win on the quarter too.

I don't have specs in front of me to back that up but I'm sure falcons never beat commies in basic spec until the AU vs VT.

#5 ·
The commy should have you stock, but once the mods start comming the falcon responds alot better.

#6 ·
yes thats true my mats vp has 3.9 diff gears.. my eb has 3.7's even though stock the vp beats eb's, when u gear em up the eb loves it the commode doesnt respond as good due to them all ready having stupid gearing in 1st....... end result is the eb wipes the dunny door now , but when they were stock it was neeek and neek

#7 ·
as has been said, in stock form - bye bye falcon, but not by much.

A better air intake and an exhaust will have you convincingly beating commodores though.

I have a catback on my EF, and a few other things, and i can own a pretty ordinary VR or VS, one in good nick still gives me a pretty close run though.

#10 ·
Just adding to what chubbz said, do you know how to stall it up? If your mate has little experience at a drag (done on a private road or stip I hope), you can take away that short first gear advantage by doing the following. Have a practice at home by left foot hard on the brake, and put the go pedal down to the point where the wheels start to spin, then back off so they don't. Remember this throttle position. When you line him up, do this and when the flag drops, release the brake, nail the go pedal to the floor and you'll get a good jump at the start, dramatically increasing your chances of winning. If he knows it too, well, your stuffed :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.