Wade Stage Two Cam Problems- Stalling! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2004, 03:27   #1 (permalink)
GUN.40L

Wade Stage Two Cam Problems- Stalling!

ok guys i put a wade stage two cam (1004- 112) into my car two weeks ago. installation was fine al lwent well. the cam i got second hand and was originally in an ef and i got the shims with it wich where smaller in diameter, i still put them in though and the car started fine and no wierd noises.

anyway the majoy problem im having is stalling. i reset the computer and everything, (i reset the computert twice, once for 24 hours and once for a few hours and still the same issue). what happens is that it doesnt always stall, usually when u rev it out to about 3500 rpm or greater then come to stop it just turns off the idles shake a bit then turns off, sometimes it drops right down then lifts up.

i even took everything apart and put it back in and still the same problem (reset the computer again too) any ideas??? its giving me the shits big time and im at the stage now where im just consdering taking it out and putting the original one back in.

i know alot of people on here have installed this cam and havent had major issues with it. if u know why this is happening please let me know!! i have done over 500kms with this cam in the car too by the way. and its in an EBII. thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2004, 04:10   #2 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

Re: Wade Stage Two Cam Problems- Stalling!

What is your base idle set at mate?
You may have to raise it up a little.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:31   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSXR8
ok guys i put a wade stage two cam (1004- 112) into my car two weeks ago. installation was fine al lwent well. the cam i got second hand and was originally in an ef and i got the shims with it wich where smaller in diameter, i still put them in though and the car started fine and no wierd noises.

anyway the majoy problem im having is stalling. i reset the computer and everything, (i reset the computert twice, once for 24 hours and once for a few hours and still the same issue). what happens is that it doesnt always stall, usually when u rev it out to about 3500 rpm or greater then come to stop it just turns off the idles shake a bit then turns off, sometimes it drops right down then lifts up.

i even took everything apart and put it back in and still the same problem (reset the computer again too) any ideas??? its giving me the shits big time and im at the stage now where im just consdering taking it out and putting the original one back in.

i know alot of people on here have installed this cam and havent had major issues with it. if u know why this is happening please let me know!! i have done over 500kms with this cam in the car too by the way. and its in an EBII. thanks guys.
i have a crow cam 2519 it was the same problem as u are having but in the ef series 2 with standard computer i coundn't work it out after visiting ford and 80 dollars later they could not work it out???? crow didn't even put in writing in the box with the other info that it could take up to 3 weeks to recalabrate itself. the first week it wouldn't run kept stalling had to put foot on acc to keep it idling at lights. by the second week it would idle by revs going up and down nearly stalling and going up to 1500 rpm up and down up and down. by third week it was nearly right apart from the ocasional coff at the lights but generally fine try to drive with the air con on a fair bit because it has to recalabrate itself for that to. it has now been three years and i have had to do this 2 times now get one of those 9volt battery jobs that plug into cigarette lighter it works well to keep memory in tac if needing to disconnect battery for any reason. or you start the three wks again.
davowasere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 16:30   #4 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

id stop re--setting youre ecu... they learn without being re-set. Once youre cam is in the worst thing you will ever do is re-set the computer after it learns there a bitch
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 00:52   #5 (permalink)

Today i put in my Stage 3 Crow Cam (2232549) & Chiptorque Chip into my AU III XR6 HP and i'm having the same problems. The cam is 4 degress advanced, reason for that was to get the .055 lift from TDC (specifications for the cam say that it must have .055 or more). At first my car ran really well, then all of a sudden it just kept konking out at the lights, stop signs and driving up my drive way. Hopefully your right about the re-calibrating of the ECU. Can you suggest anything else? I wasn't sure to leave it at 0 when doing the timing so i went with crow and did the 4 degrees advanced to get the .055 lift (hopefully it's right)...

Regards

Matthew
Mattnic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:17   #6 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

250, ive reset my ECU abou 5 times since i put my Dev5 cam in, with no hassles.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:53   #7 (permalink)

How do u reset your ECU In an AU???

Regards

Matthew
Mattnic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:15   #8 (permalink)
EMW ??? Whats missing ?

id just leave the power connected and drive and keep driving.. it will learn ... if i disconect my battery it takes a few weeks before it stops stalling
3.7 lsd
AU bottem end
ELXR6 ported Head
PH4480 Pacemakers
INJECTED250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 03:19   #9 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

You need to drive your car more, and harder.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:26   #10 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSXR8

Gee Ihad a similar problem with the dev 4 cam.Mine was dropping in revs then climbing back up.When it was cold it was a bit iffy.
The paradox with me though is that it idled perfect when I put it in.It idled perfect for a couple of weeks.I decided to reset the computer and thats when my problems started???
I kind of missed my stock idle after that,and wondered if the power from the cam was worth the sacrifice.But in all fairness it did idle well for a while.
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech