Water Injection? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-02-04, 10:07 PM Thread Starter
Water Injection?

Has any one set up a water injection system on their NA 6 cyl and noticed any power difference?

I have seen them a lot on jap turbo cars when they run massive boost to stop pinging and thought if i advanced the ignition a couple of degrees on my car the water would help to stop detination or cool the inlet charge of the air therefore making more power under full acceleration

I was told 50% water:50% metho is the best combo to use with a 12v pump, jerry can in boot and an garden sprinkler for an injector.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-03-04, 06:41 AM
Re: Water Injection?

Unless your car has a pinging problem it won't make sweet f all difference...even more so it she's a stocker. The level of the water tank must also be below the water nozzle or water will fill the cylinders overnight - guess what happens next? You can only advance the timing so far on a standard engine before it'll actually lose power, in a nutshell I'm saying it's not a good idea for your application.
Sponsored Links

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts