Ford Forums banner

What Cams???

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  psycho chicken 
#1 ·
Hi Yall! I Have a ED XR6 and my brother (who is a qualified mechanic and owns a local automotive shop) are going to experiment a bit with different cams for my six. we have an inhouse dyno so we will be able to test the power outputs of each but what we are wanting to know is there any people that have tried different cams out there what kind of gains have you found? is there any grinds in perticular that were good? the plan is at the moment to try a few different grinds from wade cams and maybe even a jim mock cam to see what we end up with on the dyno! any help would be great!

Also has any one tried or what do you think about an adjustable fuel reg to bump up the pressure and supply a bit more fuel? any good?

any other tips or advice would be great!
Thanks in advance! Cheers,

Shannon

#4 ·
so u reckon a wade 1004 at 112 would be good? will i need a vernier gear with that? what about valves spring while im at it? sounds preety good 140 at the wheels! :hy:

#10 ·
well ive read a fair bit of the other thread and ive decided im going to give a WADE 1004 at 112 a shot and see how it goes! I'll keep yas posted! thanks for the advice! :hy:

#11 ·
Hey man, why don't you try them with both the ED and EF intakes? I know I for one would be interested to see the power bands produced by the different combinations....

#12 ·
Well I'll tell you right now, EL intake and ED XR cam is great. It's really noticable over the stock EB cam.

Which is lying around waiting to be sent off to Wade once I get an exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.