Ford Forums banner

What spark plugs are best?

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Thanatos 
#1 ·
Hey guyz, I was reading through an autospeed article the otherday on the mock Dev kits. They say they use performance plugs which improve performance. Was wondering what plugs i should use on my EB... It will be running an ED XR head/cam. At the moment im running the standard motorcraft plugs. Cheers

Brent

#2 ·
mock use Autolite plugs. im yet to find a place that sells em. i found an website for a mechanic in NSW that had them, noel commerfords auto parts. i emailed them, organised the purchase, transferred them the money via direct deposit and had the deposit returned twice????? im waiting for their email now.

for now, im using NGK R's, as i have since ive had the car.

Jase

#3 ·
Im not usually one to expect gains from little things from plugs, leads filters etc, however I had an interesting result with my last change.

I had 15,00km old NGK-R plugs. I changed them with a set of Bosc Super 4 Plugs (got them for the same price as the NGK's), EL leads and my car picked up 3MPH down the 1/4 consistently. It was the only change since the last time I raced the car.

Besides that, i just noticed the cars a little smoother on start up.

I might give those mock plugs a go one day.

Simon

#5 ·
plugs/filters/leads etc can make a substantial difference...me and my made did plugs, air filter, oil, oil filter and fuel filter on sat n this things runs so much better...we also picked up about 4/10th of a sec 0-100

#7 ·
galapogos01 said:
mock use Autolite plugs. im yet to find a place that sells em. i found an website for a mechanic in NSW that had them, noel commerfords auto parts. i emailed them, organised the purchase, transferred them the money via direct deposit and had the deposit returned twice????? im waiting for their email now.

The autolite number is 985, but I haven't been able to find anyone who sells them as yet. Apparently they come from the US.

Bosch makes an equivalent (FR8HC), but that's also not available in Aust.

Motorcraft, Denso & NGK don't have an equivalent.

Champion makes one (RC12LYC), but I've heard bad things about Champion plugs these days, so I haven't tried them as yet.

I've tried EVERYWHERE in the Cranbourne, Dandenong, Hallam area (Victoria) and turned up nothing... but that won't stop me from trying!

Cheers,
Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.