Ford Forums banner

Is X series to E series flywheel swap possible?

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  psycho chicken 
#1 ·
Can anyone confirm whether an "X" series manual flywheel is the same as an "E" series? I want to make a steel flywheel for my twin turbo EF engine and don't want to go to the trouble of buying an "E" series flywheel just to get the overall dimensions. Besides they're pretty rare up here anyway and I really haven't been able to find one.

I've checked the auto flexplate from an XF 3speed against my EB1 4speed and their identical except for slightly larger holes for the convertor bolts. All holes line up, and the offset and ring gears are the same. Is this the same for the manual flywheels?

One more question. Is the EF I6 internally balanced? I can't seem to find any counterweights so I'm assuming it is. I just want to varify this also to save time in the engine balance.

Thanks.

Chris

#3 ·
So the V8 Flywheel will fit into the I6? if your using the V8 clutch? ... won't the input shaft be different on the gearbox? from the I6 to V8 5 speeds?

#4 ·
Uhhhh yeah, I6 and V8 T5 input shafts are different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.