Xe-xf - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2005, 03:44   #1 (permalink)

Xe-xf

Now you guys will prob think why the f*k this guy write in here, just coz u ppl will hopefuly be able to help me out with my problem.

Im done the XF-XE TB conversion on my VL Commodore but i have heard that some XF tps's are and the other is basicly a on/off switch. would you guys know which one would b the basic on/off switch. which modle would have this 1. how can i find out with it is the basic on/off switch rather then the variable resistor.

Thanks for your time,

Damo!!!
86vl5spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2005, 05:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Xe-xf

I suppose we don't encourage Commodore stuff here but at least you are not driving a Hyundai (or ARE you?).

The XE efi throttle body is the one to get - it has the old style Bosch LE Jetronic switch TPS that you need. Although I think SOME XF throttle bodies may have the bosses for the switch fastening screws on them, but I don't know if the old switch will bolt straight on.

It will be best to get an XE item.

Enjoy.

Maybe buy a FORD and get rid of that Holden junk.
oldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2005, 14:03   #3 (permalink)

Nar def no Hyundai here. might aswel tho same power lol.

Sweet thanks for that ive had to different XE-XF TBS but they werent the right ones so i wanted to find out for sure from ppl that would know.
Im gona go find is it just a plan XE TB i need?

LOL yeh tell me bout it deff not buying another holden after this lol.

Thanks DAMO!!!
86vl5spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:32   #4 (permalink)

If you get an XE item it will obviously do the job - the other 2 tb are XF parts! The XE throttle switch has no wiring harness on it - the connector is on the switch itself. It will also have Bosch written on it somewhere. The XF part has a short (about 15cm I think) wiring harness and a round 3 pin plug.
oldwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech