XF EFI and Carby Manifold - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2005, 15:27   #1 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

XF EFI and Carby Manifold

hey guys. i've got a carby fed XF 250 and i was looking at the EFI manifold and i was wondering if the EFI intake pipes would bolt straight onto the carby head. then i could put a throttle body at the end because i just want to run straight gas.

will i have any problems doing this ie. is the EFI manifold water cooled, do i need all the vacuum hoses that do f@#K knows what on the carby manifold, etc?
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2005, 17:04   #2 (permalink)
heard it before!

Re: XF EFI and Carby Manifold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabz
hey guys. i've got a carby fed XF 250 and i was looking at the EFI manifold and i was wondering if the EFI intake pipes would bolt straight onto the carby head. then i could put a throttle body at the end because i just want to run straight gas.

will i have any problems doing this ie. is the EFI manifold water cooled, do i need all the vacuum hoses that do f@#K knows what on the carby manifold, etc?
all i know is it will bolt on, if you are running straight gas you shouldn't need all the BS vacuum switch things anyway, you will need vacuum for heater tap and dash controls and vacuum advance on dizzy the rest i would guess you could delete? dont forget the vacuum for the brake booster.
deankdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 17:22   #3 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

i saw the vacuum advance for the dizzy on the manifold and the brake booster hose MUST go somewhere. the other stuff i could probably live without but i'll try and make it fit. thanx deankdx.

don't suppose anyone has any pictures of an EFI xf engine bay or manifold, thanks.

Slabz
Old 01-25-2005, 21:37   #4 (permalink)
sideways in a six

http://www.fordsix.com/crossflowassembled2.JPG - hows that. Check out the whole site, there's a few pictures of the XF engine, both in and out of a car.
Old 01-25-2005, 23:30   #5 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

thanks meethed
Old 01-26-2005, 01:38   #6 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

heres my crazy plan. stick the EFI intake on my carby engine and just run straight gas. i'm still yet to decide if i should inject the gas before the throttle body or where the normal injectors go (i'm not going to use the actual injectors because that requires the ECU/ECA with all the associated crap).
Old 01-26-2005, 02:14   #7 (permalink)
heard it before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slabz
heres my crazy plan. stick the EFI intake on my carby engine and just run straight gas. i'm still yet to decide if i should inject the gas before the throttle body or where the normal injectors go (i'm not going to use the actual injectors because that requires the ECU/ECA with all the associated crap).
gas injection is not available as an aproved kit as far as i know, if you prove me wrong please post here.

an IMPCO mixer or gas research throttle body are good recomendations for power, if you just want the look you could get a gas ring like a V8 commodore type and fit it just before the throttle body
Old 01-26-2005, 05:37   #8 (permalink)

Hey Slabz,
Ive got a EFI 250 waiting to go into my ute, the Brake booster and other bits hook upto the plenum. All the connections are there, If you want any pictures let me know, I also have a friend who has the efi runners and plenum for sale if your interested...

CamZH
Old 01-26-2005, 14:39   #9 (permalink)
sideways in a six

yeah I was thinking going straight gas with the EFI manifold and gas research stuff. Let us know how you do so I can see if it's worth it.
Old 01-26-2005, 22:57   #10 (permalink)
EBII GLi 4.0L 4spd LPG

i researching was to get the gas into the airstream. a gas research carby would be nice but how much do they cost? im thinking of doing a setup with the current gas mixer in a custom metal box which connects to the plenum chamber and a filter so i don't have to get the mixture re-tuned.

i'll have to research the injector ring.

Quote:
I also have a friend who has the efi runners and plenum for sale if your interested...
how much? i'd rather a private sale then getting them from a wrecker.

i shouldn't need any pictures yet but thanks for the offer.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech