Ford Forums banner

XF EFi questions

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Jase_ELXR8 
#1 ·
hey i was told than an EA multipoint manifold will bolt onto a 250 crossflow alloy head

i dont really like the idea of the XF EFi as it draws air from the exhaust side of the bay which would have to warm up the intake air yeah?

n e ways wanna put the EA EFi on as it draws on teh passenger side and yeah id whack an EA exhaust manifold heat shield over some extractorsand the alloy rocker cover off a XF polish it all up nice fit a cold air intake k & n and put in a nice cam

another question is the EEC V computer self learning (to mods) as i'd probly use that if it was

n e ways thanks for n e info

#2 ·
I've also heard (from a fairly reliable source) that it will bolt straight on, but I've never actually tried it.

As far as the computer goes, use the EEC4 (which is what was on the efi xf anyway), coz this is also self learning (to an extent), but you wont have to screw around with disabling smartlock, and other annoying little superfluous aspects of EEC5.

Dave

#3 ·
it wont, because the bolt holes on the manifolds are in different locations - the ones on the 250 have bolt holes directly above and below the intake ports, and the ones on the EA onwards have bolt holes an an angle - i just had a look on my XD 250 and my EB multipoint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.