XF efi...what should i do - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2002, 19:16   #1 (permalink)

XF efi...what should i do

Im pretty new to this thread so hey coupla questions

Ive got a few ideas about my falcoon...

I just want a good note and a bit better performance for under $1000.

1. 2.5 inch exhaust and ..... brand extractors
How much new? How much second hand?

Does that void my insurance?

2. Lowering springs...
How much new and fitted? what brand, how low (driven everyday)

3. finally, respray (outta the question kinda)... How much for same colour? how bout diff colour...and whatta reckon of that blueprint colour on an XF?

thanks heaps
subsbligh35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2002, 20:32   #2 (permalink)

1. I got priced a set of extractors and 2.5" exhaust for my car(xf) which was only $500. My mate had a 2.5" on his xf and it sounded mad!!

2. I've got lovells in mine at the moment and its pretty sweet. not as low as i would have wanted, but still gives a nice look to it. People say you should change your shocks as well, I guess its up to you really. All up for the springs and fitting you will probably look at around $300ish. The back is a piece o piss to do, so you can save yourself money there if you want.

Good luck mate
Old 10-20-2002, 08:26   #3 (permalink)
Sideways..

gday subsbligh35

1. I've got myself a Lukey system (2.5" stainless steel exhaust, Lukey muffler, and Lukey Extractors) and I rekon it sounds good. Goes much better, and cost me $500 including fitting.
About the insurance, im not really sure. Maybe someone ese will know.

2. I ended up chopping my stock springs in half, since I could not buy a set of springs low enough to satisfy me. Its pretty bouncy and im gonna have to buy some shorter shockies as they only have about 1 cm of movement in them before they bottom out.
The other set of proper Lovell low springs which I bought set me back about $120 a pair (not including fitting). They are a nice ride height, and they are just low enough for every day driving.. it doesnt scrape much and the comfort is better than the chopped ones.
Its also good to check the shockies condition at the same time. After 14 years the shockies arent in the best condition, and a pair is under $100.
With a workshop manual and a mate, you should be able to change the rear stuff no problems. The fronts a bit trickier, but shouldnt be a problem for someone mechanically inclined.

3. Im not real sure about the respray price. I suppose it would vary a bit? About the blueprint on the XF, ive never seen it before.. it may actually look real cool hey. When I get some spare time i'll try knock up a photoshop of it :)

Ciao.

Xtreme 275.6 rwkw, 12.93 sec quater, Phoon CAI, Siemens Injectors, StealthFX BOV with XBOX entertainment.
XF Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 03:45   #4 (permalink)
XR8 XR6 Club of Victoria

Extractors

I installed a set on the XE EFI.
From my investigations only HM Headers make a set to suit the EFI.
The other brands appear to be only for carb versions.
I could not find anyone other than HMH who made an EFI version.

The carb version extractors do not provide enough room for the EFI airbox and this necessitates major re-work.

Go 2.5" all the way back with straight through mufflers and resonators.
TBH: (the better half) drives an ED XR6 wagon (Mock Dev 4 160rwkw, JMM extractors, 4 electric windows, Ghia door panels in XR trim, rear head & arm rests in XR trim, Momo s/wheel with Cruise, EL thermos, EBGT wheels, etc) things to come soon = EECV upgrade.
Muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech