XF into jet boat - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 01:36   #1 (permalink)

confused XF into jet boat

Hi everyone

Hey just in the process of changing a XY(200/3.3) for a XF(250/4.1) in my jet boat.
A few bits I am unsure about if anyone can help me out plz

Engine Block: 83DA6015AA
8K2

Dizzy: 9230064728
U-TGFU6

Carb: Weber 84DA TB
A5F3

Inlet manifold: 84Da-9425-AB
C2

Head: C1A

The block and internals are showing a little wear but Ive decided to leave as is for now and put cam,lifters,bearings,rings,extractors etc on the recon list for when I upgrade the jet unit itself, If it was running in spec it would be just over what the jet unit needs anyway, so running a little under spec will be right for the jet unit.
Going to fit a new chain and sprockets tho this one is kinda slack (25mm)

Ive just had some head work done it showed signs of corrosion and it would have become a problem in the near future, so a weld around all the water jackets and a re-face done at the machine shop, valves looked good the seats must have been done in the past cause the guy said those are in good nick so I just gave the valves a quick clean and re-seat, also removed the lifters and gave those a clean up inside and out a bit of wear on those the faces are just slightly concave but no major wear marks.
getting 25mm cut off the bottom of the sump so it sits lower in the boat for drive-shaft angle on the jet-unit. I might end up making this more square increasing over all oil capacity, seeing as I have no cross members to worry about.
also getting the std exhaust manifold drilled in each end so I can inject water for cooling it.

The dizzy has two wires from it, at a guess one onto each of the coil terminals then one goes off to the tach(rpm gauge) and the other is a 12v supply from the ignition?
(hey will a coil from my XY 6v/12v self ballast fit? cause its brand new)

Its the carb set-up that looks to be a pain its got so many pipes on and off it grr
Instead of trying to explain it all here I took a bunch of pics and added them to a web page for easy viewing
I numbered vac pipes and numbered images with questions all on this page.

http://homepages.inspire.net.nz/~nzpaul15/xf carb.htm

Please help me try and sort this scramble of spaghetti out, just quote image # and pipe # if you can help.

Thank you for you time
-mako- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech