XF Rear Light Grille - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2004, 06:33   #1 (permalink)
Da Da Dadada HEY dadadada

XF Rear Light Grille

Howdi all,

All the better looking XF's have the back grille painted the same as the body work, it looks great in white and it always comes in grey. So I go to take mine off, take off the three bolts that you can see on top unclip it from the side and undo the two clips i can see on the bottom from the direct back and go to pull it off... But it doesn't come I managed to crack it in two places and swear an awful lot. Anyone who can tell me how these damn things come off it would be much appreciated, :D
Schmaigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2004, 07:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: XF Rear Light Grille

From memory there is a small clip in the middle too. I cracked mine when I went to paint it.. someone had glued along the grills meaning it wasn't about to come off easy!

Bit of super glue, some filing, liberal layer of plastic surface undercoat and it should look almost new.
eskyboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:48   #3 (permalink)

hmm the clip underneath between the brake light and the indicator? cuz i got that one
Old 04-26-2004, 02:54   #4 (permalink)

Anyone, its a simple task and I would appreciate any help getting these bastard things off! I would just leave it but i gotta paint the brake light as well, its a bit faded.
I got one side clip, One clip under between the brake light and the indicator and one underneath right to the middle of the car and it seems to be stuck still.
Old 04-26-2004, 03:22   #5 (permalink)

Well after two days solid searching, I found it in a previous post myself so everyone can relax.... :S
Old 04-28-2004, 11:32   #6 (permalink)

Just found your post & as I am about to take my rear light grilles of to paint white any hints on how to do this would be great thanks.
pafc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:24   #7 (permalink)

yep, take out the three screws at the top and push the two clips on the bottom with a flat head screwdriver, they are between the indicator and the brake light and between the reverse light and the brake light, once you have done that lift it out from the middle of the car pushing out to the indicator, if its stuck with super glue or double sided tape like mine was get the bastard with a hairdrier
Old 05-06-2004, 16:43   #8 (permalink)
Fords biggest Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pafc64
Just found your post & as I am about to take my rear light grilles of to paint white any hints on how to do this would be great thanks.
If you have any problems with it Rick. Give me a yell, I can give ya a hand when I have some spare time.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech