Ford Forums banner

XF S Pak Oil Gauge Reading on Startup

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Extreme_2020 
#1 ·
Heya All,

The oil Gauge in my XF s pak flashes red as soon as the car is started for a few seconds and then goes up to normal (1/2 and upwards) ...i know that low oil pressure is normal as soon as the car is started...so im assuming that this flashing is normal??

Thanks

Extreme

#3 ·
i think he is saying after he starts it then it flashes?? is that it mate. (as they all flash 2 or 3 times if ya have the key on run for bout 3 sec without starting it) you might have a problem? not sure what tho might be telling you teh oil pump is 'starting' to say die

#4 ·
I checked it again...it flashes red for about 1/2-1 second when the car is cold...and goes up to normal. After that it dosent do it anymore, until the car is cold again.

Extreme

#6 ·
Ahh, yeah mine is the same, the oil will take a bit to get pumped up by the tappets and pressurise the whole system so it's normal for it to be low, and the guage will flash untill it's off the 1 measurement (kPa maybe?) I'll never understand why they've given us numbers but nothing to guage it against, might aswell measure it in length of string...lol. Hope that helps ya mate!
-Waz

#7 ·
Thanks Waz,

yeah i thought it was normal! just checking tho! :)

most cars write the measurment (my old car had it in KPA, another mate has it in Kg/cm3), but 1-7? 1-7 what...litres?? lmao

Extreme

#9 ·
hehe in that case mine is over full lmao

i guess it would probably be in KPA most likely

Extreme

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.