Ford Forums banner

XF xflow barely running

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  tagsXF 
#1 ·
Hi, i was driving my xf ute back from, work and all of a sudden the secondaries just had no power and the carby was making a sort of fluffing sound, the carby had just been recod a few months ago...you could floor it and nothing would happen, it gradually got worse until it just kept stalling and then wouldnt kick at all..
the next day i tried starting it and then it kicked over, but ran a little rough, so i took it around the block, and then all of a sudden, it did it again.. it then overheaded bad, but no bubbles in radiator, water out exhaust etc..

so then i grabbed a new head i had laying around and did the head, all gaskets etc..

kicked it over and it started fine again.. then took it for a run and same problem!, with the fluffing sound im guessing it could be a timing chain, distributor problem? any ideas theories i would greatly appreciate before i pull the bastard apart again, i need to get to work!

#2 ·
I would check your timing, if its to advanced that will make it overheat. I would have thrown a different carby on to check if that was the problem. I know you said you had it recoed but it could be faulty. I would also check your dizzy, mine recently stopped with a rather loud bang, i pulled the dizzy out and it was worn completely on one side.

cheers

simon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.