XF xflow barely running - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2004, 21:11   #1 (permalink)
PooheyThomo

XF xflow barely running

Hi, i was driving my xf ute back from, work and all of a sudden the secondaries just had no power and the carby was making a sort of fluffing sound, the carby had just been recod a few months ago...you could floor it and nothing would happen, it gradually got worse until it just kept stalling and then wouldnt kick at all..
the next day i tried starting it and then it kicked over, but ran a little rough, so i took it around the block, and then all of a sudden, it did it again.. it then overheaded bad, but no bubbles in radiator, water out exhaust etc..

so then i grabbed a new head i had laying around and did the head, all gaskets etc..

kicked it over and it started fine again.. then took it for a run and same problem!, with the fluffing sound im guessing it could be a timing chain, distributor problem? any ideas theories i would greatly appreciate before i pull the bastard apart again, i need to get to work!
PooheyThomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2004, 21:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: XF xflow barely running

I would check your timing, if its to advanced that will make it overheat. I would have thrown a different carby on to check if that was the problem. I know you said you had it recoed but it could be faulty. I would also check your dizzy, mine recently stopped with a rather loud bang, i pulled the dizzy out and it was worn completely on one side.

cheers

simon
tagsXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Engine Specific Tech > Inline 6 Tech