Ford Forums banner

XH longreach 99' questions...

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  outback_ute 
#1 ·
Hey people

Just joined and will have some pics of my ute posted when i get round to it!

Wondering if anyone on here could give there opinions on some questions i have.

My ute is an XH Longreach and a mate has an XG xr6 his car wasn't insured and somebody took to it with a baseball bat (big damage).

Before he took it to the wreckers he offered me the tickford xr6 head he just had put in and trottle body. i Paid $50 for them and now want to know if they would enhance my ute if i fitted them to it? would it improve my power at all?

I know that the xr6's valve springs and that are bigger which would boost my compression a little but would it make that much of a difference?

As for the throttle body im not sure but i think the XR's allow more airflow through them but i noticed they have a different electrical connection than what i have in mine. Will the throttle body fit in mine and make a difference at all?

I aslo bought his LSD off of him 3.45:1 which ill fit this arvo hopefully that WILL make a difference.

Any suggestions or help as to my options would be awesome.

Cheers.

See less See more
#4 ·
Go the xr6 head and cam! I’m not sure whether it changed later on but when they started xr6s the valve springs were just the stiffest 10% of normal valve springs (they vary a bit). Valve springs have absolutely nothing to do with compression ratio by the way. There might be a slight difference in the combustion chamber which might raise the compression ratio a bit but there is very little difference between xr6 and normal anyway – it might make a couple of hp more but won’t need pulp. I haven’t heard of any differences with the throttle body.

What sort of XH is it? 1 tonne versions have a 3.45 diff anyway I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.